magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Id take either one. My wife got me watching that Ball in The Fam show and to be honest with you I don't think his Dad is that bad, it seems like he knows how his sons play at their best and that's what he's trying to get out of em.

Love the idea of Kemba and Batum.  If the trade were for Vuc and Fournier, who are the shooting guards on the roster?  I would see the core depth chart as:

PG  Kemba, Augustin

SG  Ross?, Iwundu?

SF  Batum, Simmons

PF  Gordon, Isaac

C    Bamba, Biyombo, Birch

I don't like the idea of Isaac going to the bench, I think if we want to see him continue to grow into a possible elite player he needs to be a starter. I would rather have Batum come off of the bench at this point in his career.

Kemba, DJ

Simmons, Ross, Frazier

Isaac, Batum, Frazier

Gordon, Isaac, Iwundu (Small Ball Line Up)

Bamba, Biyombo, Birch

2 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

I don't like the idea of Isaac going to the bench, I think if we want to see him continue to grow into a possible elite player he needs to be a starter. I would rather have Batum come off of the bench at this point in his career.

Kemba, DJ

Simmons, Ross, Frazier

Isaac, Batum, Frazier

Bamba, Biyombo, Birch

Birch should be a head of Biz. 

Also im not sure it’s a good idea to give Issac a ton of minutes starting right off the bat.

Lets see where his conditioning and body are at after the first 20 games of the season and go from there. This is a guy who couldnt handle big minutes in college and missed the majority of last year with injury. I have no issue taking it slow with Issac.

That Batum contract is just rough, isn't it? I've always liked him, but he would just kill our cap space for a long time.

5 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

Kemba, DJ

Simmons, Ross, Frazier

Isaac, Batum, Frazier

Bamba, Biyombo, Birch

I agree but then how do Gordon and Isaac and Bamba all start?  One of them becomes the SF.

I saw a Bleacher Report article this week that suggested the Magic might think of allowing AG to sign a monster contract elsewhere and then the Magic would sign Jabari Parker as a free agent.  Parker is an injury risk for sure.  But, the idea of Parker becoming our SF and a primary scorer makes some sense.  A frontline of Bamba, Isaac, and Parker has some intrigue.

Just now, Jay Magic said:

Charlotte just loves the big white guys, don't they?

• Downvote 1

Just now, ShefGator2 said:

I agree but then how do Gordon and Isaac and Bamba all start?  One of them becomes the SF.

I saw a Bleacher Report article this week that suggested the Magic might think of allowing AG to sign a monster contract elsewhere and then the Magic would sign Jabari Parker as a free agent.  Parker is an injury risk for sure.  But, the idea of Parker becoming our SF and a primary scorer makes some sense.  A frontline of Bamba, Isaac, and Parker has some intrigue.

That would be a terrible idea. Parker completely destroys the positional flexibility of the team and the defensive character. We would play Isaac and Gordon together very similarly to how we did last season, hopefully with both making improvements on the offensive end.

Just now, Odin said:

That would be a terrible idea. Parker completely destroys the positional flexibility of the team and the defensive character. We would play Isaac and Gordon together very similarly to how we did last season, hopefully with both making improvements on the offensive end.

So, I guess the idea there is that we really don't have a SF and PF, per se, but just 2 very athletic forwards who can guard multiple positions?  Hopefully, one or both of them can become consistent scorers.