magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

4 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Our fan base is so damn impatient. We gave up on Dipo and now he's an all star. AG is years younger than Dipo and yet still some of our fans want to trade him or let him leave in free agency. 

The fact that anyone wants to let him leave is ridiculous. Worst case scenario (meaning matching the max and he doesn't improve much), he's the equivalent of Kevin Love for the Cavs. Big contract. Good but not great player. His contract isn't hurting you, really. If he doesn't improve much at all, he's still a solid 3rd option on offense and a decent defender on defense. Any contract we match will be done by the time Mo is off his rookie deal.

2 hours ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I cannot for the life of me think of why anyone would love this. I mean, I guess as a LeBron fan you would just like watching LeBron's team dominate; but, as a basketball fan, as a sports fan, what exactly is fun about watching a team you know basically can't lose? All of the fun of sports and basketball in particular is taken out of the game at that point. And don't tell me you just like watching great players make great plays. Go watch the Globetrotters if you just want to see some crazy shots and awesome dunks. Sports are fun because they are unpredictable. Sports leagues go out of their way to instill parody in their leagues for a reason. Competition requires some level of parody. Are you the type of person who likes getting your grown men friends together and challenging a bunch of middle-schoolers?

Don't get me wrong. Dominant teams can be great, under the right circumstances. But the Showtime Lakers were only fun because they had the Celtics right there with them. Jordan won six championships, but there was reason to believe he could have lost any one of them. LA had Magic, and a better supporting cast than people remember. Portland had Clyde and one of the most balanced lineups I've ever seen. Phoenix had Charles and Kevin Johnson and a good supporting cast behind them. the 72-win team was a pretty good bet, sure. But the Jazz were better teams throughout the season and took them to six hard-fought games. The NBA will not survive one team hammering everyone else like a nail year after year. This trend of everyone just getting together to form the most dominant team... it has to end sometime, or the NBA will fade.

thats all the NBA has ever been... teams with less than 2 suoerstars don't win titles

57 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

The fact that anyone wants to let him leave is ridiculous. Worst case scenario (meaning matching the max and he doesn't improve much), he's the equivalent of Kevin Love for the Cavs. Big contract. Good but not great player. His contract isn't hurting you, really. If he doesn't improve much at all, he's still a solid 3rd option on offense and a decent defender on defense. Any contract we match will be done by the time Mo is off his rookie deal.

I'd rather hold onto him but on a team friendly deal, not max.  He has a long ways to go before he is in Love's tier of player.  

22 minutes ago, Malik Buttface said:

Boston is going to weasel itself in and snag Kawhi.

Nah... they’re not gonna part with Tatum or Brown for him so I don’t think that’s likely. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Our fan base is so damn impatient. We gave up on Dipo and now he's an all star. AG is years younger than Dipo and yet still some of our fans want to trade him or let him leave in free agency. 

Oladipo had to be traded a couple times for him to get it. If he doesn't get traded he doesn't become an all NBA player. He was here three years and didn't work on his conditioning and body. The team moved on. 

Oladipo's situation has no relationship to Gordon. You can't be afraid to make a move to better the team, just because you think you made a mistake previously. Besides, the front office in charge now is not the same that traded Oladipo. We aren't sure how optimistic they are on Gordon, but we do know they've gauged his trade value. I'm guessing, if the team thinks moving him helps us more than keeping him, they will move him. 

20 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Nah... they’re not gonna part with Tatum or Brown for him so I don’t think that’s likely. 

I don't believe they would part with Tatum but Brown on the other hand could be a possibility. 

Just now, Malik Buttface said:

I don't believe they would part with Tatum but Brown on the other hand could be a possibility. 

Read a report somewhere today, not sure who reported it, but they said C’s won’t trade Brown or Tatum in a Kawhi deal 

35 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

What about Kyrie? Why not part with him? He's another injured player who is only under contract through next season. Or they could trade Hayward.