magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

10 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I cannot for the life of me think of why anyone would love this. I mean, I guess as a LeBron fan you would just like watching LeBron's team dominate; but, as a basketball fan, as a sports fan, what exactly is fun about watching a team you know basically can't lose? All of the fun of sports and basketball in particular is taken out of the game at that point. And don't tell me you just like watching great players make great plays. Go watch the Globetrotters if you just want to see some crazy shots and awesome dunks. Sports are fun because they are unpredictable. Sports leagues go out of their way to instill parody in their leagues for a reason. Competition requires some level of parody. Are you the type of person who likes getting your grown men friends together and challenging a bunch of middle-schoolers?

Don't get me wrong. Dominant teams can be great, under the right circumstances. But the Showtime Lakers were only fun because they had the Celtics right there with them. Jordan won six championships, but there was reason to believe he could have lost any one of them. LA had Magic, and a better supporting cast than people remember. Portland had Clyde and one of the most balanced lineups I've ever seen. Phoenix had Charles and Kevin Johnson and a good supporting cast behind them. the 72-win team was a pretty good bet, sure. But the Jazz were better teams throughout the season and took them to six hard-fought games. The NBA will not survive one team hammering everyone else like a nail year after year. This trend of everyone just getting together to form the most dominant team... it has to end sometime, or the NBA will fade.

I think the Warriors would still be better. Also, if the Lakers get that strong that fast, we need to go to conference-less playoffs next year. 1-16 make it, 17-30 in the lotto

6 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think the Warriors would still be better. Also, if the Lakers get that strong that fast, we need to go to conference-less playoffs next year. 1-16 make it, 17-30 in the lotto

The original post mentioned KD on a team with LeBron, Paul George, and Kawhi. Without KD, Godlen State doesn't make the finals against that squad, unless they literally have G-Leaguers playing every other spot (which we know they wouldn't, because all the slightly past-it guys would play there on minimum contracts like they have at times in Golden States. Fortunately, this is never going to happen. KD isn't leaving Golden State. He has nothing to gain leaving. He's dominating and sweeping championships where he is. Why leave to play with LeBron, the only guy less likely to pass it to KD with more than 5 seconds on the clock than Westbrook?

For the record, I have no problem with LeBron/PG/Kawhi on a team, I just wish it would be a team in the East. Two straight years of boring finals and I'm already tired of it. Conference-less playoffs would help, but I would hate to see it come to that. Here's hoping Boston can finally stay healthy!!

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Durant isn't leaving the warriors. 

I don't know why anyone thinks he will.

1 minute ago, Ibn Battuta said:

looks like pacers are tipping their hand. 

If you can't trade him, match the offer and move him next season. 

Huh?

4 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

looks like pacers are tipping their hand. 

If you can't trade him, match the offer and move him next season. 

Or ya know... keep him and see if those glimpses of all-star he’s shown us can become consistent..

Our fan base is so damn impatient. We gave up on Dipo and now he's an all star. AG is years younger than Dipo and yet still some of our fans want to trade him or let him leave in free agency. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Our fan base is so damn impatient. We gave up on Dipo and now he's an all star. AG is years younger than Dipo and yet still some of our fans want to trade him or let him leave in free agency. 

Nah, forget that. He sucks.

Edit: You all know I am joking, right?

• Downvote 3

33 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

For the record, I have no problem with LeBron/PG/Kawhi on a team, I just wish it would be a team in the East. Two straight years of boring finals and I'm already tired of it. Conference-less playoffs would help, but I would hate to see it come to that. Here's hoping Boston can finally stay healthy!!

Yeah man. This was one of the worst finals I’ve ever watched in terms of it being boring as hell. Can’t take another sweep next year.