magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

19 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

No. Biyombo is an uncoordinated long armed guy.

Bamba is a very coordinated long armed guy. Bamba lacks toughness but he recognizes that. 

Just watch this and tell me what season of Biyombo he compares to

I've been out of it for a while, guys. Just coming back to the boards.

I think the thing I like most about this video:

1. He clearly shows touch Biyombo doesn't have.

2. He's more articulate than most players in the game, which means that he either thoughtful, well-read, or both. Should translate well to BB IQ if it hasn't already been shown. 

Watching that video, I have to wonder: why did he drop down to #6? Weight? Shot concerns? Work ethic? 

Just now, TreyMachine said:

2. He's more articulate than most players in the game, which means that he either thoughtful, well-read, or both. Should translate well to BB IQ if it hasn't already been shown. 

Watching that video, I have to wonder: why did he drop down to #6? Weight? Shot concerns? Work ethic? 

There’s no explanation. He never should have. It’s the break we deserved for years and it happened. You can thank Atlanta. 

I’m extremely confident in saying Bamba will end up a top 4 player from this draft and it’s entirely possible he could be top 2 or 3. 

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

There’s no explanation. He never should have. It’s the break we deserved for years and it happened. You can thank Atlanta. 

I’m extremely confident in saying Bamba will end up a top 4 player from this draft and it’s entirely possible he could be top 2 or 3. 

Or 1. Honestly, he could easily be the best player in this draft class 3 years from now

4 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

he shouldn't have dropped. IMO, he's a top 3 pick. 

5 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

People weren't that impressed with his game tape.

Just now, Nyce_1 said:

he shouldn't have dropped. IMO, he's a top 3 pick. 

Was it need by each team? #2 pick and #4 picks I remember were perhaps more offense oriented at a different position? Just seems crazy a guy with a 7'10" wingspan and the making of a 3 PT shot would drop to #6 in an NBA draft. 

Just now, magicblue said:

Or 1. Honestly, he could easily be the best player in this draft class 3 years from now

I love it! Bamba > Ayton!

That article where they talk about his intense workout schedule, diet and training is and how he wakes up early every morning thinking “I bet Ayton and Bagley aren’t doing this right now” gets me so pumped!

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think Fultz has better potential, but his shoulder scares me. Lavar scares me too, but maybe in a smaller market he’d stop getting coverage and disappear. I’d be thrilled with either, and I’m excited that we’re at least attempting to get in the mix. How long does Deng have left on his contract, if we wound up taking him back?

Does Lavar look like the type to shrink or force his way out?

Easy answer 

2 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Was it need by each team? #2 pick and #4 picks I remember were perhaps more offense oriented at a different position? Just seems crazy a guy with a 7'10" wingspan and the making of a 3 PT shot would drop to #6 in an NBA draft. 

Ayton was almost consensus #1. His floor is higher but Bamba's ceiling is higher IMO. Everyone has been on Doncic for two years and Atlanta is hoping for Curry 2.0. Memphis has Marc Gasol so Bamba is duplicate talent. It was pretty much an equal mix of lack of fit and luck that Atl and Dal made a deal. Otherwise Bamba goes #5 to Dallas and they get the steal of the draft