magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Just now, HeHateMe said:

Damn. Lonzo shot 45% from the foul line lol. Idk what’s worse his free throw % or the fact that he got to the line less than 2 times a game. 

Probably the fact that his free throws actually increased (slightly) his TS%.

3 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

What is so good about Lonzo? Please clarify. 

Defense, passing, size, bball iq. Raw talent. Had a game against Milwaukee this season with 19 points 13 assists 12 rebounds 3 steals 3 blocks and 3 of 5 three point shooting. 

On the other hand he's crazy streaky as a shooter. Will go two weeks hitting 3 threes a game shooting 45% and follow that up with three weeks shooting 17%. Poor free throw shooting stopped him from attacking at all. 

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Defense, passing, size, bball iq. Raw talent. Had a game against Milwaukee this season with 19 points 13 assists 12 rebounds 3 steals 3 blocks and 3 of 5 three point shooting. 

On the other hand he's crazy streaky as a shooter. Will go two weeks hitting 3 threes a game shooting 45% and follow that up with three weeks shooting 17%. Poor free throw shooting stopped him from attacking at all. 

Basically the perfect PG for us if you ignore the shooting.

I get why people like Ball. But I don't want another terrible FT shooting PG who can't shoot a jumper either. Too easy to take everything away from him in the half court. He doesn't shoot well enough from three to warrant a close guarding position. He won't attack because he's afraid of going to the line. I'm sure his defense and passing are nice, but PGs like him ruin your spacing. We don't have the elite iso scorers or top-level PnR game to make up for his deficiencies.

Just now, fan for too long 2 said:

So Payton in other words. thanks 

Only if you are looking at shooting. He is already a plus on the defensive end and I think he generally speaking plays hard. Payton's biggest problems were his defensive inefficiencies and lackadaisical play at times, not  his shooting. I think the shooting was a secondary issue to those two.

2 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I get why people like Ball. But I don't want another terrible FT shooting PG who can't shoot a jumper either. Too easy to take everything away from him in the half court. He doesn't shoot well enough from three to warrant a close guarding position. He won't attack because he's afraid of going to the line. I'm sure his defense and passing are nice, but PGs like him ruin your spacing. We don't have the elite iso scorers or top-level PnR game to make up for his deficiencies.

He can back up Augustin. LaVar would have a stroke.

5 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Payton kinda stopped playing defense though.

6 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Yes. Payton if Payton was a better passer and a better defender with more talent and bigger. Sure.