magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I just don't believe it's possible as we've seen him on great teams with good coaching before and his eFG% has always been between .466 and .493. 

He's inefficient on offense. Would have been 15th in eFG% on the magic last year. 

He's a poor shooter. 

He's a sub par passer. Gets a lot of draw the defense to me and dump it out assists. Which is fine but not in combination with other stuff. 

He's a poor defender

He takes a lot of shots. 

His best role is as a bench flurry scorer but he's paid like a mid tier starting point guard until the summer of 2021. 

I'd rather just load up on vets on one year deals and see if someone interesting comes available at the trade deadline. 

I couldn't agree more. 

Yikes. We’re really talking about Napier now?

We already have a bridge PG with DJ. I have no clue why the majority feel we have to go out tomorrow and force the issue with a PG. Last thing I want to do is lockup another average player for multiple years all because we don’t have our PG for the future. 

We’re onviously gonna sign a guy for depth but that guy can just backup DJ. We aren’t making a deep playoff run next season. We can address the future of the PG position next season rather than sign someone we’re all gonna hate in 6 months. 

I kind of like Exum and kind of like Schroder but neither of those guys are home run options. I’m fine just differing to next draft/summer. Or maybe a trade presents itself once the year starts. 

But I don’t want Napier or Payton. I can’t beleive we’re even discussing those names TBH. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Odin said:

Supposedly the Kings are interested in Mario. I think that would be a terrible spot for him.

I agree with you on that, he will never get any playing time there so I doubt he will go there 

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

We already have a bridge PG with DJ. I have no clue why the majority feel we have to go out tomorrow and force the issue with a PG. Last thing I want to do is lockup another average player for multiple years all because we don’t have our PG for the future. 

We’re onviously gonna sign a guy for depth but that guy can just backup DJ. We aren’t making a deep playoff run next season. We can address the future of the PG position next season rather than sign someone we’re all gonna hate in 6 months. 

I kind of like Exum and kind of like Schroder but neither of those guys are home run options. I’m fine just differing to next draft/summer. Or maybe a trade presents itself once the year starts. 

But I don’t want Napier or Payton. I can’t beleive we’re even discussing those names TBH. 

Well yeah you'd never want to commit multiple years to Napier but if we're looking at one year mercenaries I don't see why he wouldn't be on the list. 

Napier has a 3.4M qualifying offer, a bunch of teams including Portland have serious tax concerns, and we are one of the few teams with a ton of playing time available at PG. It's not like we would be paying him 12M a year. 

1 minute ago, MagicFan1234 said:

If anyone thinks Mario is going to re-sign, you all are delusional

Well alrighty then. 

12 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

discussing bring back Napier or Payton is the definition of thirsty.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

If anyone thinks Mario is going to re-sign, you all are delusional

Your posts always seem to be pretty pessimistic. It hasn't been all bad being a Magic fan; we've had some good times.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jjgator said:

Your posts always seem to be pretty pessimistic. It hasn't been all bad being a Magic fan; we've had some good times.

Yes when Magic made the Finals twice and become playoff contenders but other than that, Magic has sucked

• Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, jjgator said:

I still think it’s a troll account. Idk. Something is weird about it. Most the posts don’t make sense and are completely outta left field.