magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

31 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

lol.... We're not competing against Golden State yet........ I like the fact of getting an identity. I totally understand that we have to score points, but I like the fact that we have a POSSIBLE core that will make life difficult on the visiting team.

I like building an identity also as long as that identity ultimately leads to a winning team.  I don't expect it to happen in one year.  But I worry about building around a core of not very good scorers.  Not sure that leads us where we want to go.

51 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Just as I thought that Philly would move pick 10 due to salary cap savings, moving Fultz will be totally related to whether they need his salary cap space to sign LeBron or another max free agent.  That is what we should watch and take note of.  If shedding his salary will result in a LeBron signing the price will not be that high.  June 29th is the date to watch as to what LeBron does.  My understanding is if he opts in he may be trying to get a trade to his preferred team who can then sign him for 5 years and $205 million.  If that's Philly that would be negative for us to get Fultz since he would probably be part of a trade.  2nd NBA season starts 7/1/2018. 

It's a very good time to try and land him in a trade.... Philly's looking to dump salary for Lebron...

4 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

It's a very good time to try and land him in a trade.... Philly's looking to dump salary for Lebron...

I do not see Lebron leaving if he can get players to join Cavaliers 

Honestly....The league is screwed again next year. 

If the Warriors resign Klay Thompson and Kevin Durant, its over next year yet again.  Kerr knows how to manage players injury and has mastered the art of his mistakes.  Nothing is standing in their way.  Teams are still playing catch up and would have to master Golden State playbook to be them.  They'd also need mental superiority which they won't have because Golden State has all of it.  

Houston has chemistry issues because Harden and Paul are dynamically selfish players.  There's also a video Dynamic in a way that's basketball related in character related.  Harden despises Stephen Curry and I didn't notice that until I watched plenty of annual video footage of them practicing together in USA Olympics. 

Chris Paul despises Curry for embarassing him on national TV countless times.  There probably also was a falling out of All-State money in the commercials Steph and Paul were in. You still see Chris Paul there but not Stephen Curry.  In fact, Harden took his place.  Its a behind the scenes story we were never told.  I wonder if the conflict with Houston has a germination....seeded from this moment.  

------------------Off topic--------------

WestWorld has blown me out of the water this season.  Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy and Jonathan Nolan are probably the century's best show writers.  What a season finale of utter confusion just like the 1st season finale.  

4 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

Good point guards improve every year they are in the league, like he has.  That's the extent.  People here think pg's are plug and play, they aren't.  Our team doesn't deserve a homegrown pg with our collective lack of understanding.  Trades and FA, sure..

More importantly, good PGs play hard. I think you misunderstand people if you think they don't like Payton because he didn't develop fast enough, wasn't 'plug and play,' or whatever. People dislike Payton as a player because 4 years into his career, he still didn't fight through screens or focus enough to be where he was supposed to be on Defense. People dislike Payton in the context of the narrative of this rebuild because he was clearly a major reason the FO traded Oladipo. People dislike Payton because after 4 years, 3.5 of Orlando betting on his development, it's pretty clear he's exactly what I said he'd be 50 games into year 2: a flawed, inconsistent player in accuracy, effort, and focus, whose going to make some playoff team a really solid backup one day. He's not a starter on a good team. He has too many flaws for that, and flaws that are exacerbated by low energy.

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Man, I've been thinking about this for some time. More so after the draft. Didn't want to bring it up because of the likelihood but damn how great would this be?

How good would Leonard be still though? What if the Spurs aren’t fighting to keep him because he is damaged now? I suggest we stay young. Put our energy in developing who we have and let them grow together. 

With the BIG, Fournier and Mario can thrive.

Try Mario as a point forward. 

How good would Leonard be still though? What if the Spurs aren’t fighting to keep him because he is damaged now? I suggest we stay young. Put our energy in developing who we have and let them grow together. 

With the BIG, Fournier and Mario can thrive.

Try Mario as a point forward.