magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

The thing with Graham is I'm not really confident he's going to be something better than the guys you see get near the minimum. Why draft Graham when you can sign Yogi Ferrell?

I think hyper athletic 3-d wings are more rare. Better investment. 

Also I don't buy for a second our rumored interest in Trae. I think that was entirely a bluff in negotiations for a doncic trade. By leaking Trae interest we cut the competition for doncic from 6 teams to 2. 

Yeah I agree. They wanted Doncic as did I. Bamba was my 2nd. I'm glad we got him over Carter Jr. I was just real bummed about not getting Doncic. We need the offense. Here's the thing though, if we would've gotten him, that would've created an interesting situation with Isaac, AG, Doncic as forwards. What was the plan?

3 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Yep. I thought/said all along Young wasn’t getting drafted by Hammond/Weltman. 

Look at who they’ve drafted:

Isssc/Iwundu/Bamba/Frazier/Jackson 

Young doesn’t remotely come close to fitting that mold. The bigger question to me was did they have any real interest in Shai? I wonder if they tried to trade back up for him or considered it. 

I really think if the top 5 went the way it was supposed to go it was gonna be a coin flip between Shai and Wendall for us. Think Trae would’ve wound up in Cleveland at 8 if Atlanta didn’t make that move

42 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah I agree. They wanted Doncic as did I. Bamba was my 2nd. I'm glad we got him over Carter Jr. I was just real bummed about not getting Doncic. We need the offense. Here's the thing though, if we would've gotten him, that would've created an interesting situation with Isaac, AG, Doncic as forwards. What was the plan?

I think we'd play doncic at 2

47 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I really think if the top 5 went the way it was supposed to go it was gonna be a coin flip between Shai and Wendall for us. Think Trae would’ve wound up in Cleveland at 8 if Atlanta didn’t make that move

Agree completely. 

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

The thing with Graham is I'm not really confident he's going to be something better than the guys you see get near the minimum. Why draft Graham when you can sign Yogi Ferrell?

I think hyper athletic 3-d wings are more rare. Better investment. 

Also I don't buy for a second our rumored interest in Trae. I think that was entirely a bluff in negotiations for a doncic trade. By leaking Trae interest we cut the competition for doncic from 6 teams to 2. 

I was just thinking this earlier. That late Trae hype was....convenient of the timing. Who knows. Just glad we got Bamba instead of Carter. 

Just now, Nyce_1 said:

I was just thinking this earlier. That late Trae hype was....convenient of the timing. Who knows. Just glad we got Bamba instead of Carter. 

Yeah. I'll believe we wanted to draft young when we see him in a magic uniform. 

Maybe if you took away Bamba, Carter, Shai. 

If we have a remote chance of getting Fultz—you jump all over that. His stock will seemingly never be lower. I wouldn’t wage the future of the franchise on him but if it’s a realistic Deal to get Fultz in a Magic uniform you take that chance. 

I think we can expect Gordon to continue his progress. Increased his 3pter from 28.5% to 33.5% at just the age of 22. Should contine to improve based off his work ethic and us being able to continue stretching the floor.  Isaac shot it at 39% in limited time as well. Get similar or better production out of whomever is running the 1-2 and Bamba should be able to clean up the glass. His ability to hit from at least 20+ should also help out offensice efficiency. 

Would be nice to bring back Mario and get someone at the PG spot in FA. Run Evan and Vooch off the bench and see what the team does. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, MagicFan1234 said:

So are you saying Mario and Nikola are lame? 

.......OH boy.