magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Just now, HeHateMe said:

Yep. I thought/said all along Young wasn’t getting drafted by Hammond/Weltman. 

Look at who they’ve drafted:

Isssc/Iwundu/Bamba/Frazier/Jackson 

Young doesn’t remotely come close to fitting that mold. The bigger question to me was did they have any real interest in Shai? I wonder if they reside to trade back up for him or considered it. 

But do you want every single player in the same mold, especially if that mold includes not shooting very well?  I mean it's nice to have length but I doubt 5 long players who can't shoot would do very well against Golden State.  In fact, I doubt those 5 will even make the playoffs at all.

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I agree. We had a guardian angel in that draft. Every mistake someone made before we could

Yep. I honestly can’t tell you the last time I was this happy with a draft. I’m known to be more critical/negative but I absolutely love what we did. 

Again, I wish we knew their interest in Shai, if that was real or not. I feel like they probably looked at reading back up but valued their second round pick a lot and didn’t wanna give up future first for him too. 

Just now, JJZFL said:

But do you want every single player in the same mold, especially if that mold includes not shooting very well?  I mean it's nice to have length but I doubt 5 long players who can't shoot would do very well against Golden State.  In fact, I doubt those 5 will even make the playoffs at all.

I’m with you in questioning how it will exactly Fit. I’m not sure how Issac/AG/Bamba will work but it’s worth seeing. 

Theres a lot of if’s, but it’s not like those guys can’t shoot at all. If AG improves his shot, if Issac can stay healthy, if Bamba shot improvements are real. There’s hope with that. 

We still need upgrades to both our backcourt positions.  Let’s see how we fill those out in the next year or so. 

I don't get people's obsession with getting Fultz? If Philly is willing to trade him then he is still damaged and if he is playable they won't part with him. Right now he is damaged and they still don't want to part with him. Anybody that trades for him is going to overpay and get the shell of what they are expecting.

The thing with Graham is I'm not really confident he's going to be something better than the guys you see get near the minimum. Why draft Graham when you can sign Yogi Ferrell?

I think hyper athletic 3-d wings are more rare. Better investment. 

Also I don't buy for a second our rumored interest in Trae. I think that was entirely a bluff in negotiations for a doncic trade. By leaking Trae interest we cut the competition for doncic from 6 teams to 2. 

36 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I don't get people's obsession with getting Fultz? If Philly is willing to trade him then he is still damaged and if he is playable they won't part with him. Right now he is damaged and they still don't want to part with him. Anybody that trades for him is going to overpay and get the shell of what they are expecting.

If Orlando is willing to part with oladipo it must mean he's not worth paying. 

51 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

3 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Let's see how it translates to game situations.  I'd be thrilled if it turns out he is a good enough shooter to help space the floor and be a consistent threat.  It's something we badly need.

12 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Let's see how it translates to game situations.  I'd be thrilled if it turns out he is a good enough shooter to help space the floor and be a consistent threat.  It's something we badly need.

I hope so too. To add, I think management is onto something by finding ways to contain the barrage of 3 point shooting that’s making this new NBA so predictable. Defend the perimeter with long arms. Bring balance back.

19 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

I hope so too. To add, I think management is onto something by finding ways to contain the barrage of 3 point shooting that’s making this new NBA so predictable. Defend the perimeter with long arms. Bring balance back.

Great point.  As much as Golden State used their long range shooting to spread the floor, Cleveland's lack of defenders who had the ability (they did defend to the 3 point line) to negate the pick and role was almost painful to watch.  I told my nephew the other day I see the potential (may take a year or two) of the Magic having the best 3-4-5 combination in the league. I am really looking forward to seeing Isaac/Gordon/Bamba together.  Just concerned in the meantime we may lose games 77-75 due to lack of scoring. lol.