magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

4 hours ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I do not know why players would want to go to the Knicks, that franchise is a big mess and I would not want to deal with the awful owner 

The Knicks haven't been good for a long time but they still have a great fan base and there is some appeal about being a star in NYC. Imagine being the guy to bring the Knicks back to prominence.

Isn't Parsons suppose to be a good locker-room guy? Getting better off the court is just as much a priority for me over the next 2 seasons so if he could contribute a bit there then he can still have an impact on the future of our team and we end up with the 4th pick out of it as well.

Is there any chance he can recover some from his injury? I don't know much about it, but if he can get to at least a contributing level at the end of the 2 years we could probably keep him on for the vet minimum and have a good mentor, locker-room guy and possible contributor on the court for a couple more seasons.

I hope the Knicks would finally.....become a great team.  No black hole volume shooter.

4 hours ago, The Boss said:

Isn't Parsons suppose to be a good locker-room guy? Getting better off the court is just as much a priority for me over the next 2 seasons so if he could contribute a bit there then he can still have an impact on the future of our team and we end up with the 4th pick out of it as well.

Is there any chance he can recover some from his injury? I don't know much about it, but if he can get to at least a contributing level at the end of the 2 years we could probably keep him on for the vet minimum and have a good mentor, locker-room guy and possible contributor on the court for a couple more seasons.

I like that a lot too, but it only makes sense if Doncic is still there. I'd make a deal with #6 and Biyombo as centerpieces. Yes they get a bad contract back but they still save $15 mil over two seasons. And they have a chance to get their player.

For us, Parsons would have absolutely no expectations of performing relative to his dollar. If he's healthy he's much more useful than Biyombo and if he's not, oh well, we give those minutes to #4, another prospect, etc. 

14 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Tyus Jones unhappy. 

Should we pursue? He makes so little I have no clue what we'd offer

He can play! I remember taking him for a couple of weeks on my fantasy team. 

Triple double threat. 

This thing with Leonard is interesting. He wants to go to LA but so does Lebron and PG. I dont think they can sign the 3 of them. 

18 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

This thing with Leonard is interesting. He wants to go to LA but so does Lebron and PG. I dont think they can sign the 3 of them. 

They can

Just now, ?4thewin said:

They can

And they probably will. 

I think the question is more what can LA offer? Ingram and picks? Ball? 

If Leonard strongholds the Spurs and tells other teams he’ll only resign with LA that would really kill his trade value. 

Because I feel like Boston can offer more and personally feel like Leonard is a better fit there. But maybe I’m just biased and absolutely don’t want Lebron playing on the same team as the 1 guy who can shut him down (to an extent). 

26 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

They can

How? They have to likely trade away this year first round, maybe Lonzo or  Ingram and find a taker for Deng. 

19 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

How? They have to likely trade away this year first round, maybe Lonzo or  Ingram and find a taker for Deng. 

They'd include Ingram, lonzo, Deng, #25 for Kawhi

20 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Yeah so even if they had to do that they could do that.