magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

3 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Honestly, Spurs dodged a bullet because if Spurs worked out with Leonard, they were planning to give him a $219 million contract and he is not worth that

Leonard is exactly the type of player that is worth that.

40 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Think Lakers might try and pull a deal for Kawhi, then try and sign another top free agent to go with him.

The Spurs won't trade him to a team in the West that would beat them in the playoffs

Just now, MagicFan1234 said:

No he is not

When healthy, he is a top 5-10 player in the league. Obviously, the current injury situation is worrisome , but you definitely pay that much to keep him.

Last season the spurs won 47 wins with almost the same exact team as that won 61 games the year before. While some of that decrease is likely due to their aging players(Parker, Ginobili, Gasol in particular), much of it was due to missing Leonard.

You wouldn't pay 219 million for a player that is worth half of the total wins of our team last year by himself?

1 minute ago, Odin said:

When healthy, he is a top 5-10 player in the league. Obviously, the current injury situation is worrisome , but you definitely pay that much to keep him.

Last season the spurs won 47 wins with almost the same exact team as that won 61 games the year before. While some of that decrease is likely due to their aging players(Parker, Ginobili, Gasol in particular), much of it was due to missing Leonard.

You wouldn't pay 219 million for a player that is worth half of the total wins of our team last year by himself?

No unless he takes the team to the Finals and win it 

• Downvote 1

Is it true that he is interested in the Knicks too? Him and Porzingis is a good start and then its also reported Kyrie might head there in FA. Could be an even more fun team IMO

Just now, billy5783 said:

Is it true that he is interested in the Knicks too? Him and Porzingis is a good start and then its also reported Kyrie might head there in FA. Could be an even more fun team IMO

I do not know why players would want to go to the Knicks, that franchise is a big mess and I would not want to deal with the awful owner 

7 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I do not know why players would want to go to the Knicks, that franchise is a big mess and I would not want to deal with the awful owner 

I mean yeah they are a wreck but talent solves a lot of issues. That trio could make some noise

4 minutes ago, billy5783 said:

I mean yeah they are a wreck but talent solves a lot of issues. That trio could make some noise

Maybe but they would be like the Pelicans who has Davis, Cousins, and Holiday but the rest of their roster is trash 

I'm a secondary Knicks fan as well and that would be huge. Kawhi and possibly Kyrie would bring a hype to a city that hasn't had it in a long time. Seeing sold out games with a team that is a playoff contenders/possible finals contender at MSG would be unbelievable there.

1 minute ago, Malik Buttface said:

I'm a secondary Knicks fan as well and that would be huge. Kawhi and possibly Kyrie would bring a hype to a city that hasn't had it in a long time. Seeing sold out games with a team that is a playoff contenders/possible finals contender at MSG would be unbelievable there.

Kyrie is not signing a contract in summer but he will sign a contract next year, he will get more money that way and I do not see Kyrie leaving the Celtics