magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

7 hours ago, The Boss said:

At least we didn't sign Noah, Mozgov or Mahinmi, we arguably got the best out of that bunch. It's just unfortunate which off-season this all happened in. Stupid money thrown around without any real good down the line planning by multiple teams, not just for those 4 centers but nearly every high priced FA.

Exactly

Magic center Nikola Vucevic is happy in Orlando and can see a long-term future with the franchise, as he told Alex Kennedy of Hoops Hype. Vucevic has one year and $12.75MM remaining on his contract, then becomes an unrestricted free agent next summer. Vucevic would like to see progress from the team next season but has faith that it’s headed in the right direction.

“I believe we aren’t too far away and we can compete very soon,” he said. “When you win in this league, that’s the best feeling. So that’s what is most important to me. I do believe we can get there, though.”

There’s more nuggets from Kennedy’s interview with Vucevic:

• The 7-footer is focused on expanding his 3-point game in a league that increasingly demands that big men stretch the floor. Vucevic didn’t venture out much to the 3-point line until last season, when he averaged 3.6 attempts per game and connected on 31.4% of them. “This is something that I’ve wanted to add to my game to help our team get better, so I think that’s going to be the biggest thing for me this summer. I’ll continue to focus on that. I’ll also be playing with my national team, and I’ll continue to work on that while I’m with them.”
  • Vucevic had dinner with new coach Steve Clifford and was very impressed by the ex-Hornets head man. “You can tell he knows the game really well. He’s really creative. He’s going to do a really good job of putting our guys in positions to be successful and making us better. Everything we talked about throughout our conversation was very positive.”
  • Forward Aaron Gordon‘s steady improvement was a product of hard work, rather than simply his athleticism, according to Vucevic. “He works as hard as any guy on our team – if not harder. He’s always showing up early and staying late. … Some people may think he’s just a freak athlete, but they don’t realize how much work he has put in to improve the way he has year after year, especially this past season.”

good news...Vooch wants to stay

2zz6zr8.jpg

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I hope in his discussion with Clifford he was told if you don't play D I'll have to bench you.

No we’ve already been there and done that. Next move needs to be a trade. I think I’ll barf if I see Vuc on the team at the start of next season. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Malik Buttface said:

I honestly don't mind Vuch staying if he's willing to come off of the bench and we have a replacement that plays the defense we lack from our C position. 

How many seasons are we gonna run around in this circle? Vucevic won’t play consistent D, we’ve tried that. Also, Vucevic will turn in to a giant crybaby and play unmotivated basketball if you ask him to come off the bench, we’ve tried that too. It’s time to move on

19 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

How many seasons are we gonna run around in this circle? Vucevic won’t play consistent D, we’ve tried that. Also, Vucevic will turn in to a giant crybaby and play unmotivated basketball if you ask him to come off the bench, we’ve tried that too. It’s time to move on

Well, unless we trade him then we'll have one more season of discussing this scenario. 

1 hour ago, Malik Buttface said:

Well, unless we trade him then we'll have one more season of discussing this scenario. 

Just 'cause we have him doesn't mean we have to play him if he's detrimental to the success of the team. I want to start Birch and see what happens unless we draft Bamba.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Just 'cause we have him doesn't mean we have to play him if he's detrimental to the success of the team. I want to start Birch and see what happens unless we draft Bamba.

Vuch will get play, I can't imagine him being buried on the bench. 

7 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

good news...Vooch wants to stay

2zz6zr8.jpg

I wouldn't mind Vuc staying if he was willing to come off the bench and help the team that way. 

But we HAVE to look to trade him to get as many piece we can toward this rebuild. Him saying that we're so close...that's just word-play, we're no where close being competitive. We are 2-3 years away minimum IF we make all the correct decisions and the coaching staff develops the way it needs to. 

Do I think it is possible to make moves this summer and next summer to be in a position to fight for a middle seed in the playoffs come 2020? Yes. 

Do I think Vuc is apart of that plan? Personally no. 

I think he and Fournier are our best pieces not named Gordon and so we look to trade them for pieces that will help us toward that 2-3 year goal.