magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

2 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I only want to resign him if its to a solid role player status contract.  I don't want to sign him based on projection because we will lose.

Yep. Which I don’t think that’s what the contract will end up being. But we’ll see. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Yep. Which I don’t think that’s what the contract will end up being. But we’ll see. 

It will probably be too much, but the league has become more cost conscious on deals since the big FA bonanza, so there's a chance he'll sign favorably.  We have to be ready to let him walk.  He's crazy if he thinks he's getting max.  He isn't even the top FA on the market at his position, much less a max player.   

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

I’m just trying to gauge this but is there anyone else other than me on this forum that doesn’t want to resign AG?

Not saying it to start a huge debate I have my reasons for wanting to move on and I know you guys have your reasons for wanting to keep him. I’m just curious if I’m literally the only person :) 

I want Gordon resigned but not at a max contract, more like Fournier and Vuvevic's contract which is 17 million a year but honestly that really depends if other teams offer a max contract though 

3 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Phoenix should draft Doncic and give AG the max if they are smart. Capela would also be a nice candidate

I personally would go for Ayton if I was the Suns. Try Booker back at PG, Jackson at SG, Warren at SF, Gordon at PF, and Ayton at C. They would have a young player at every starting position. 

I can see the appeal of Doncic, Booker, Jackson/Warren, Gordon and whoever they decide to pick at C. It would be interesting to see if Warren became available for trade or would they utilize him off the bench? 

• Like 1

Interesting take I heard the other day in a radio sport show.  They were talking about Kyrie and the Boston Celtics. Some people think that Kyrie is not the right future PG for the team and rather have Rozier. The only way they can keep him is by making room and exploring  trading options for Kyrie this offseason/season. 

They did mentioned the Magic as a good fit for Kyrie. 

Will you guys consider trading #6 and Vuch expiring  for kyrie?  Mmmm.. I think I will do it.

39 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Interesting take I heard the other day in a radio sport show.  They were talking about Kyrie and the Boston Celtics. Some people think that Kyrie is not the right future PG for the team and rather have Rozier. The only way they can keep him is by making room and exploring  trading options for Kyrie this offseason/season. 

They did mentioned the Magic as a good fit for Kyrie. 

Will you guys consider trading #6 and Vuch expiring  for kyrie?  Mmmm.. I think I will do it.

Those people are stupid and Danny Ainge said as much

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Those people are stupid and Danny Ainge said as much

Yea Rozier was an anomaly for much of the playoffs. He shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence as Kyrie. Also his 0-10 in game 7. 

3 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Yea Rozier was an anomaly for much of the playoffs. He shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence as Kyrie. Also his 0-10 in game 7. 

That said, we'd happily take him

16 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

I only want to resign him if its to a solid role player status contract.  I don't want to sign him based on projection because we will lose.

I feel you, we may need to take a step backwards to take future steps forward. In my humble projection I think he’s good but not going to be great. He tries to be too flashy; I wish he would be more fundamental. I don’t see him as a number 1 option like he seems to think and his D was ok. He really dropped off toward 2nd half of season when the players got in better shape and were able to watch film on him. I know he’s young but he has played 3 or 4 years now. I see him as a 3rd option much like EF with better D. That is not worth getting tied into a max that will hamstring us much like we are now. If we can get a decent young talent on a reasonable contract and a pick, I say sell high, but the climate with little cap room will probably not produce that. We may have to over pay because of circumstances.