magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

25 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Bored so been looking at some possible trades:

Vuc for Ian Mahinmi + picks (is #15 too much?) By making this trade, if my calculations are right, the Wiz can actually have some decent cap room next summer as everyone but Porter, Beal, Wall and their picks and free agents this summer will be off the books.

Terrence Ross and a future protected pick for Jordan Clarkson. I quite like this idea in a nutshell but I have no idea if Cleveland would entertain this deal. Rationale being that the Cavs get themselves some tax relief for next summer and get Ross who seems like an ideal fit to play with LeBron as a 3 and D guy and we get a young scoring PG. Throwing in the pick since the Cavs gave up one in the trade for Clarkson with LA. Obviously I think this is dependent on LeBron staying in Cleveland.

Don't think I'd do the mahinmi deal. Kicks back financial flexibility another season. 

13 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Don't think I'd do the mahinmi deal. Kicks back financial flexibility another season. 

But would it be worth taking the hit if we got the 15th pick in the deal?

Guards like Zhaire Smith, Khryi Thomas, and Lonnie Walker should be available. We could get a project big like Mitchell Robinson or Jontay Porter. It could be a valuable pick to add to the collection. 

Then there's the possibility of how far we can move up if we paired 6 and 15, could that get us high enough if we really love Jaren Jackson or Luka Doncic in order to pick them? 

30 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Putting on size does not mean anything as long his ankles are not weak 

I can assure you he's strengthening his legs/ankles.

Size is a by product of strength.