magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

10 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Why would we want Rodney Hood? I think his time in Cleveland proves he's not a starter

I will take a look at him if Mario leaves. He can be something. The potential is there. It will all depends on the asking price.

No way on Rodney, he had a change of scenery and so far he has sucked and if he comes here and continues to suck, you will be crying and whining wishing that Magic did not sign Rodney

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Why would we want Rodney Hood? I think his time in Cleveland proves he's not a starter

Hood did fine in Utah while he was starting. Even this season he was averaging nearly 17 points over 39 games and 12 starts.

His issue in Cleveland is they prefer JR Smith and his minutes have been significantly reduced. Much like Clarkson and Nance have seen their minutes and roles reduced in Cleveland.

I think Hood's time in Cleveland shows that he's better in a starting role or at least in a more features role off the bench, something he's not getting in Cleveland because they prefer other players. I wouldn't rule him out based on what's gone on in Cleveland, however I wouldn't overpay for his services either.

So perhaps he could be available on a prove it kinda deal like McLemore signed with Memphis?

Just now, Mike1989 said:

Hood did fine in Utah while he was starting. Even this season he was averaging nearly 17 points over 39 games and 12 starts.

His issue in Cleveland is they prefer JR Smith and his minutes have been significantly reduced. Much like Clarkson and Nance have seen their minutes and roles reduced in Cleveland.

I think Hood's time in Cleveland shows that he's better in a starting role or at least in a more features role off the bench, something he's not getting in Cleveland because they prefer other players. I wouldn't rule him out based on what's gone on in Cleveland, however I wouldn't overpay for his services either.

So perhaps he could be available on a prove it kinda deal like McLemore signed with Memphis?

No his issue in Cleveland is he's not very good

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

No his issue in Cleveland is he's not very good

It's not a good fit for him. Maybe he'll be better somewhere else? He wouldn't be the first player to struggle after being traded.

Say we match a max offer for AG. How bad would he have to play for him to be a trade liability next offseason?

1 hour ago, The Boss said:

Say we match a max offer for AG. How bad would he have to play for him to be a trade liability next offseason?

15 ppg, bad efficiency three point shot regresses. 

Basically he'd have to get worse for him to be a trade liability next season.

He'd be a trade liability the following season if he spent next year and a half up to the trade deadline not getting better. 

People are down on Wiggins contract now, not because of what he's doing today but because what he's doing today is too similar to what he did the last couple years. Plateau fears. 

• Upvote 1

Likely to operate over the cap this summer, the San Antonio Spurs need to find ways to add athleticism and shot-creation to their offense.

After having his fourth-year option declined before the 2017-18 season, Mario Hezonja appeared to be on his way out of the league. But he showed the briefest of glimpses last year with the Orlando Magic, using his 6'8" frame and outside stroke to remind observers he wasn't the fifth overall pick in 2015 for nothing.

This would be a pure reclamation effort by the Spurs. Hezonja only averaged 9.6 points per game in what felt like a breakout season last year. But where better to rehabilitate damaged goods than San Antonio?

Hezonja has a wing's offensive game but proved he could play plenty of power forward last season. Only 23, it's possible Hezonja has much more to give after a rough initial stint in the Magic's losing environment.

Long shot? Sure. But the Spurs have to add some dynamism, confidence and scoring to a pedestrian attack. Hezonja might be able to do that relatively cheaply.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2776131-1-realistic-free-agent-target-for-each-eliminated-nba-playoff-team#slide9

Watch Pops turn him into an all star

• Like 1

Bored so been looking at some possible trades:

Vuc for Ian Mahinmi + picks (is #15 too much?) By making this trade, if my calculations are right, the Wiz can actually have some decent cap room next summer as everyone but Porter, Beal, Wall and their picks and free agents this summer will be off the books.

Terrence Ross and a future protected pick for Jordan Clarkson. I quite like this idea in a nutshell but I have no idea if Cleveland would entertain this deal. Rationale being that the Cavs get themselves some tax relief for next summer and get Ross who seems like an ideal fit to play with LeBron as a 3 and D guy and we get a young scoring PG. Throwing in the pick since the Cavs gave up one in the trade for Clarkson with LA. Obviously I think this is dependent on LeBron staying in Cleveland.

13 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Bored so been looking at some possible trades:

Vuc for Ian Mahinmi + picks (is #15 too much?) By making this trade, if my calculations are right, the Wiz can actually have some decent cap room next summer as everyone but Porter, Beal, Wall and their picks and free agents this summer will be off the books.

Terrence Ross and a future protected pick for Jordan Clarkson. I quite like this idea in a nutshell but I have no idea if Cleveland would entertain this deal. Rationale being that the Cavs get themselves some tax relief for next summer and get Ross who seems like an ideal fit to play with LeBron as a 3 and D guy and we get a young scoring PG. Throwing in the pick since the Cavs gave up one in the trade for Clarkson with LA. Obviously I think this is dependent on LeBron staying in Cleveland.

If we could get rid of Vucevic for Mahinmi and the Wizards pick we should snap their hand off. I suspect to get that pick we might need to throw in Fournier (or Simmons) as well to try and sweeten the deal for them.

As for the other deal, I'd rather keep Ross and our pick. Clarkson is a good combo guard to have for potential 6th man duty. I don't think he's a good enough passer to be a starting point guard on a good team, and he's not really a prolific enough scorer or consistent enough shooter to be a starting shooting guard on a good team. I'd rather keep Ross for that role next season.