Sign in to follow this  
Magicpassion

Putting things in perspective.

It’s been a horrible year, that is for sure. We appear from afar to be a dysfunctional franchise to say the least. However, I feel we are finally setting ourselves up to be a creditable organization with a proven front office (stay with marketing/business only Alex) and a development program that will make us in the future a sustainable product. As JW says in the meantime we have a lot of medicine to take as we have been put in quite hole from the previous FO. Unfortunately, this will take more time then the average magic fan can tolerate. First, lets make a good hire for head coach and we will be limited in our choices; could be a segway hire until we show something. We’re not exactly a good situation. Secondly, what is Gordon worth? I tend to lean toward a Tobias type tweener (solid role player) if he accepts that?There seems to be an abundance of these type players today; fortunately for AG his timing is good for an overpay, but not sure we should entertain anything over 15mill. We may need to take a short term loss for a long term gain. Also, let’s look on a bright side of not being saddled with Serge Obaka as he is stinking it up and is owed a ton; we escaped that! Granted we missed on Victor, oh well; moving on from EP was a must. We are in damage control mode right now. Issac looks like he has promise, but I believe he is still growing physically and this may have something to do with his injuries, hopefully as he matures and strengthens he will be more durable, but a great kid with good attitude; I hope the work ethic is there. We must nail this draft; best player available and finally we must trust the process as it will be long with incremental gains; once we move on from Biz I believe things will start shaping up. Gotta have the faith and most importantly, be realistic in our expectations.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

It’s been a horrible year, that is for sure. We appear from afar to be a dysfunctional franchise to say the least. However, I feel we are finally setting ourselves up to be a creditable organization with a proven front office (stay with marketing/business only Alex) and a development program that will make us in the future a sustainable product. As JW says in the meantime we have a lot of medicine to take as we have been put in quite hole from the previous FO. Unfortunately, this will take more time then the average magic fan can tolerate. First, lets make a good hire for head coach and we will be limited in our choices; could be a segway hire until we show something. We’re not exactly a good situation. Secondly, what is Gordon worth? I tend to lean toward a Tobias type tweener (solid role player) if he accepts that?There seems to be an abundance of these type players today; fortunately for AG his timing is good for an overpay, but not sure we should entertain anything over 15mill. We may need to take a short term loss for a long term gain. Also, let’s look on a bright side of not being saddled with Serge Obaka as he is stinking it up and is owed a ton; we escaped that! Granted we missed on Victor, oh well; moving on from EP was a must. We are in damage control mode right now. Issac looks like he has promise, but I believe he is still growing physically and this may have something to do with his injuries, hopefully as he matures and strengthens he will be more durable, but a great kid with good attitude; I hope the work ethic is there. We must nail this draft; best player available and finally we must trust the process as it will be long with incremental gains; once we move on from Biz I believe things will start shaping up. Gotta have the faith and most importantly, be realistic in our expectations.

If Tobias was a free agent he'd get somewhere between 21 and the max. 

It's a better move to pay for guys on the upswing because theres a greater chance of improvement and you're signing them for the best years of their career vs a 28 year old where you're generally paying for what he did vs what he will do. 

11 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If Tobias was a free agent he'd get somewhere between 21 and the max. 

It's a better move to pay for guys on the upswing because theres a greater chance of improvement and you're signing them for the best years of their career vs a 28 year old where you're generally paying for what he did vs what he will do. 

Solid point. I’m not sure he will be as good of a team player as Tobias. Perhaps sign him and then trade at a certain point. I really struggle with a max though.