Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

2 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I'm an adult. I have seen many children and observed them from outside childhood. Therefore I'm qualified to have an opinion on whether someone is acting like a child. So are you, it seems. Hooray! We've solved that conundrum.

I don't know you Justin, but as a retired educator (high school and middle school), I have seen children and observed them from outside childhood also. My former students have become bankers, lawyers, doctors. . .and, yes, during my travels, one of my former students came up me in the airport to thank me for attributing to her success as a writer with CNN. So, now, we can stop with the comparisons as far as our qualifications as an adult. Case closed.

• Upvote 1

I did not once compare my qualifications to yours. I explained my own comment that I was an adult, after you asked who I was to comment on the childishness of people's behavior. I acknowledged your qualifications when you claimed them. This is not comparison. Did you teach English?

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 6:41 PM, Justin Jaudon said:

I did not once compare my qualifications to yours. I explained my own comment that I was an adult, after you asked who I was to comment on the childishness of people's behavior. I acknowledged your qualifications when you claimed them. This is not comparison. Did you teach English?

I'm not going to continue to go back and forth with you Justin. I'm not going to become rattled by your snide remarks. So, you want me to "shut up and dribble"? 

Did I read there are people who legit think JR Smith deliberately undercut Klay? I mean... why? He clearly slips. Immediately apologises and looks genuinely like he's sorry. How much do you have to hate Cleveland to twist that into something malicious? 

7 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I'm not going to continue to go back and forth with you Justin. I'm not going to become rattled by your snide remarks. So, you want me to "shut up and dribble"? 

I've not once even hinted that I wanted you to stop posting. I'm not trying to rattle you. I'm conversing with you. I don't want you to shut up, just to get better at posting sensible things. And if you can still dribble at your age, kudos.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

As I said before, other people being ****ty doesn't magically confer righteousness to Draymond Green's every action. As for that LeBron clip, there's very little comparison. It's still disrespectful in my eyes, because he's directing it out at the fans, but not on Dray's level at all. Draymond's was compounded by directing it at a specific player, the mocking rather than celebratory tone of the act, and the fact that the game was not over.

Uh...he wasn't looking at Tristan Thomspon.  Klay Thompson did the exact same thing behind Draymond in that play.  He clapped and walked into the play while not looking at Thompson's direction. He might have said something but who's responsibility is it to maintain their composure?  Is it not Tristan Thompson's.  Stans are eager for Raymond's suspension to the point where they'll ignore that Tristan Thompson started that entire situation with disgusting dirty elbows.  During that moment, the warriors had the win in the bag with 2.6 left.  He had every right to celebrate.  He celebrated even after that play.  

Common hot takes on Green : He needs to get suspended, donkey looking *****, he breathes through his nose, wide mouth *******, ***** draymond, someone needs to kill him(stab him, shank him), Monkey(ape, chimp, *****ing *igger, etc) , I hope he gets injured, I want to punch him in the face, Draymond Green doesn't deserve an all-star consideration, etc.   The anger stems everywhere. 

As TrueMagicFan pointed out because she remembers it all to well, LeBron taunted even when he didn't win a title with that Cavs team.  The Magic and Celtics made them pay for that.  The Spurs made the Lakers pay the next season after that .4 mess from Derick Fisher.  Kevin Garnett payed dearly after the Heat formed a new team taking over the east.  

Goal tending Stephen Curry's high layup and then shoving him a couple seconds later?  What about the time LeBron walked over Draymond himself?  Does that count as taunting?  Oh....no it counts as a "WINDUP" as Jeff Van Gundy blatant exaggeration dictates.  There's even been a couple of games Draymond was ejected for no reason other than being him.  The Bradley Beal altercation and ejection was a testament.  

Lastly, this is once again SPORTS.  Male Sports.  People want to complain about Greens taunting then go back and say the NBA is soft.  

----------------------------

Moving on: 

I will not conform into the tribe of collective rage of fans from various teams including Cleveland and Houston.  They have overtaken every general forum on the interwebs to promote their hatred for Green, Curry, Thompson(for whatever reason), Kevin Durant (Especially Kevin Durant) .  These people are out of control and as more people are angry, conformity to that anger extends.  As I've digested this nonsense, only Golden State should be punished and only Golden State has the advantage of officiating on their side.  

Draymond is leading the playoffs in critical defensive categories while James is leading in almost every offensive category.

Defensive wins shares

Defensive Rating 

Box Plus Minus

Total Steals 

Draymond is the best defensive player in the playoffs and the best defensive player the past four years.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Geez this thread was hot today. 

People really seem to get upset when the Warriors win and generally don’t like seeing Lebron lose. 

18 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

Uh...he wasn't looking at Tristan Thomspon.  Klay Thompson did the exact same thing behind Draymond in that play.  He clapped and walked into the play while not looking at Thompson's direction. He might have said something but who's responsibility is it to maintain their composure?  Is it not Tristan Thompson's.  Stans are eager for Raymond's suspension to the point where they'll ignore that Tristan Thompson started that entire situation with disgusting dirty elbows.  During that moment, the warriors had the win in the bag with 2.6 left.  He had every right to celebrate.  He celebrated even after that play.  

Common hot takes on Green : He needs to get suspended, donkey looking *****, he breathes through his nose, wide mouth *******, ***** draymond, someone needs to kill him(stab him, shank him), Monkey(ape, chimp, *****ing *igger, etc) , I hope he gets injured, I want to punch him in the face, Draymond Green doesn't deserve an all-star consideration, etc.   The anger stems everywhere. 

As TrueMagicFan pointed out because she remembers it all to well, LeBron taunted even when he didn't win a title with that Cavs team.  The Magic and Celtics made them pay for that.  The Spurs made the Lakers pay the next season after that .4 mess from Derick Fisher.  Kevin Garnett payed dearly after the Heat formed a new team taking over the east.  

Goal tending Stephen Curry's high layup and then shoving him a couple seconds later?  What about the time LeBron walked over Draymond himself?  Does that count as taunting?  Oh....no it counts as a "WINDUP" as Jeff Van Gundy blatant exaggeration dictates.  There's even been a couple of games Draymond was ejected for no reason other than being him.  The Bradley Beal altercation and ejection was a testament.  

Lastly, this is once again SPORTS.  Male Sports.  People want to complain about Greens taunting then go back and say the NBA is soft.  

----------------------------

Moving on: 

I will not conform into the tribe of collective rage of fans from various teams including Cleveland and Houston.  They have overtaken every general forum on the interwebs to promote their hatred for Green, Curry, Thompson(for whatever reason), Kevin Durant (Especially Kevin Durant) .  These people are out of control and as more people are angry, conformity to that anger extends.  As I've digested this nonsense, only Golden State should be punished and only Golden State has the advantage of officiating on their side.  

Draymond is leading the playoffs in critical defensive categories while James is leading in almost every offensive category.

Defensive wins shares

Defensive Rating 

Box Plus Minus

Total Steals 

Draymond is the best defensive player in the playoffs and the best defensive player the past four years.  

Ah, we're talking about different moments. I was only referring to his girating mockery of LeBron during the foul shots earlier in the game. I have no problem with the celebration that provoked Tristan Thompson. Thompson was upset and let Green's celebration get to him. Totally uncalled-for response.

And I agree, Dray is one of the best defensive players I've ever seen. And I generally don't have a problem with him. I'm just not the type who likes to watch when any player starts trying to "show up" other players. Maybe I'm a kill-joy, but I just like to watch the game, not grown children who for some reason need to stroke their egos in front of millions.

11 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Geez this thread was hot today. 

People really seem to get upset when the Warriors win and generally don’t like seeing Lebron lose. 

I could arguably beat anyone on here in an internet pseudo free style rap battle.

2 hours ago, ~O~ said:

What about the time LeBron walked over Draymond himself?  Does that count as taunting?  Oh....no it counts as a "WINDUP" as Jeff Van Gundy blatant exaggeration dictates.  There's even been a couple of games Draymond was ejected for no reason other than being him.  The Bradley Beal altercation and ejection was a testament.  

lebron-james-step-over.jpg

Draymond-and-Lebron-501x445.jpg

0ad14190db0a335a37ed55d51c060c67

LeBron-James-looks-down-at-Draymond-Gree

View image on Twitter