Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

19 hours ago, ~O~ said:

-----------------------------------

On the western conference, I believe that Golden State is *****ing themselves over.  Whenever they've won, they come out in the next match with no urgency to play a collective efficient game.  They've turned the ball over at a high rate.  Tonight loss was on Draymond and Shaun Livingston who split turnovers at 5.   But..its not all on them.  Curry and Durant shot piss poor from the field.  They literally blew the game in the fourth as well as home court advantage.  They're getting too cocky for their own good.  I wouldn't mind seeing Golden State lose so they can be humbled.  

I'm pulling for the Warriors, but their overall game last night was atrocious. They were at home and should have won that game. For a team that has the stars and is capable of winning their 3rd NBA championship in 4 years, they stunk up their arena last night. They had too many turnovers (which is not unusual). As ~O~ said, "they're getting too cocky". Draymond usually gets on his teammates when the team is playing poorly. But more and more he needs to take a look in the mirror. He is great on defense but his (and the team's) ball passing is terrible. I remember when in transition, Curry threw the ball across court to Green, who was running baseline, and hit him in his side. It was Draymond's fault for not checking for who had the ball. He was looking straight ahead. An errant pass like that happened a second time during the game, but with two different teammates.

The Warriors just were not focused in last night's game. In the 2 previous games they won, there were lots of ball movement. Last night there was too much iso, (like Houston has been doing), not moving the ball around to find the open man, and jacking up 3's. They mixed it up in the 2 games they won--layups and 3's--. Curry needs to stop the shimmying after every 3-point made. And Mr. Shaun Livingston, who use to be a very good role player, has played poorly except in game 3. For the most part he has been useless. I use to yell "get Shaun out of there--trade him!" As I said several posts ago, Curry is a poor defender. Harden and cp3 gets by him too easily. I read where Houston was shifting(?) -- whoever Curry was guarding, they would slide over to jh or cp3, leaving Curry guarding one of them.

Iguodala is the Warriors' best defender. They need him back.

LeBron is tired/fatigued/injured he’s missing way too many easy layups and passes. Lue has to play through Love when that happens. Honestly thought Cavs would show much better. 

8 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

LeBron is tired/fatigued/injured he’s missing way too many easy layups and passes. Lue has to play through Love when that happens. Honestly thought Cavs would show much better. 

You can tell he is exhausted. He did not put as much effort into chasing down Tatum(?) to block the layup. He ran him down but there was no lift in his legs to get off the ground.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Again, JR Smith had only 2 points and George Hill 7 pts.

Terrible I know. At some point someone has to rip in to these guys; I could understand if they are young players but these are all vets. They show up at home but on the road they are completely out of sync. 

Lue also keeps changing his rotations which IMO doesn't help at all. 

17 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

That was the best game in these playoffs. Harden's amazing dunk, Curry going ballistic from 3 in the 3rd, CP3 playing with big balls and winning them the game

As much as I dislike Harden, that was the play of the night.  Draymond got sent through a quantum tesseract in the 5th dimension.

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Wow... Cavs running a Jordan Clarkson/J.R. Smith/Kyle Korver/Jeff Green/Larry Nance lineup and it’s predictably some of the worst basketball I’ve ever seen

Just wait until you see the 18-19 Orlando Magic

4 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Just wait until you see the 18-19 Orlando Magic

That’s why I want Marcus Smart. He’d change the culture of this team. 

3 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

You want a pg who shoots worse than EP?

I wouldnt go for smart, he fits really good in bos, dont think would be as valuable here. I would go all in for rozier, think he is the type of high iq pg with upside given his youth

3 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

You want a pg who shoots worse than EP?

You can play Smart anywhere between 1 and 4, and he’s arguably the most effective bench player in the league. He’s playing backup 1 now for Boston only because of injuries. Smart would bring a toughness we haven’t seen in years