Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

Lebron’s legacy will never come close to Jordan’s. LeBron is a documented user of enhancers. His lone ring with the Cavs was his greatest accomplishment. He is a top 10 player/champion, but is leagues below Jordan. Jordan, Johnson, Shaq, Kareem, Wilt round out my top 5 players/champions. 

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Warriors won't get better. We always overestimate the amount of luck in championships. Someone will get hurt in the playoffs and they'll lose because they got complacent. 

They were hurt quite often this year. I don’t even feel like they ever really hit their stride and they just won a title with relative ease. 

Their bench will get better. They have to many dead weight bigs and Need wings. You got guys like Ariza saying they’ll take pay cuts to play there. Their depth will be better next year. I think they’ll be more motivated this year too when Lebron joins his next super team. Plus they know they dodged a bullet with Paul getting hurt. 

1 minute ago, Catalina Maria said:

Lebron’s legacy will never come close to Jordan’s. LeBron is a documented user of enhancers. His lone ring with the Cavs was his greatest accomplishment. He is a top 10 player/champion, but is leagues below Jordan. Jordan, Johnson, Shaq, Kareem, Wilt round out my top 5 players/champions. 

He’s easily behind Jordan and Kareem IMO. You can argue the next players but those 2 stand alone to me. 

Lebron should have won more with the heat. 

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

He’s easily behind Jordan and Kareem IMO. You can argue the next players but those 2 stand alone to me. 

Lebron should have won more with the heat. 

Agree. But that’s the point. Him not winning more with the Heat reveals to me he is not as great. Perhaps a top 3 player, I will give you that. To me, Kobe is ranked above him in the GOAT.

Jordan

Johnson

Shaq

Kareem

Wilt

Kobe

Lebron

Bird

Irving

Duncan

Perhaps I’m bitter towards LeBron as a Magic fan. But he is still in the top 10.

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Eh, you guys don't realize that Kareem was the original "he's overrated not as good as _____" guy

I wish I could have 6 rings, be the NBA’s all time leading scorer with his averages and be called overrated. 

8 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Agree. But that’s the point. Him not winning more with the Heat reveals to me he is not as great. Perhaps a top 3 player, I will give you that. To me, Kobe is ranked above him in the GOAT.

Jordan

Johnson

Shaq

Kareem

Wilt

Kobe

Lebron

Bird

Irving

Duncan

Perhaps I’m bitter towards LeBron as a Magic fan. But he is still in the top 10.

I don’t think any list is wrong. Everyone has their own criteria for where they rank their top players. The only real consensus is Jordan is the goat. 

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I wish I could have 6 rings, be the NBA’s all time leading scorer with his averages and be called overrated. 

No I mean the basketball discussions of the time was that Kareem was overrated. That was memorialized by the whole bit in Airplane

21 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

I would have loved to see prime LeBron go up against prime Magic Johnson!

19 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I would have loved to see prime LeBron go up against prime Magic Johnson!

LeBron would destroy him. 

The players of today are so much better than the players of 30 years ago due to nutrition, medical advancements, knowledge, etc. Like there was a belief that weightlifting was bad for basketball players. I mean look at football. In our lifetime there were successful college coaches that believed that needing water was a sign of weaknesses. 

Though if you gave magic Johnson all the modern advancements he might look like a better Ben Simmons (strong, good defense to go with all the magic Johnson talent)

• Upvote 1

I don’t like Lebron, never really have. Just always rubbed me the wrong way. But I don’t really think he’s “overrated” I just don’t think he should be compared to Jordan. 

Every generation wants their current “guy” to be the greatest but the reality is most people who say Lebron is the greatest never watched Jordan or know who half the other guys in the top 10 are. 

I think it’s increidbly difficult if not impossible to really compare players from different generations. Honestly I think it’s kind of dumb to do so but it’s sports so I get why we do it. 

I think it’s more interesting to compare players from somewhat the same era. So like where would you rank Kobe, Lebron, Shaq, Tim Duncan from the 2000s? I think that’s the more realistic debate to have. 

I’ll still say Shaq was the most dominate player from my era. 

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I don’t like Lebron, never really have. Just always rubbed me the wrong way. But I don’t really think he’s “overrated” I just don’t think he should be compared to Jordan. 

Every generation wants their current “guy” to be the greatest but the reality is most people who say Lebron is the greatest never watched Jordan or know who half the other guys in the top 10 are. 

I think it’s increidbly difficult if not impossible to really compare players from different generations. Honestly I think it’s kind of dumb to do so but it’s sports so I get why we do it. 

I think it’s more interesting to compare players from somewhat the same era. So like where would you rank Kobe, Lebron, Shaq, Tim Duncan from the 2000s? I think that’s the more realistic debate to have. 

I’ll still say Shaq was the most dominate player from my era. 

I agree. Shaq was game changing.

Sadly, Dwight had the gifts to be one of the greats. His immaturity broke him.