Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

1 hour ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Tough loss for the Cavs. I thought they had at least one in them. 

Me too, I thought they would win 1 game but somewhat surprised they got swept but this team is still better than 2007 Cavaliers Finals team that got swept by Spurs

6 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

Lebron def gave up 

Yep. Clear as day and he did it in the third quarter too. His fan base won’t care and will make excuses but for as unbelievable a player he is it was totally pathetic of him to quit. 

20 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Yep. Clear as day and he did it in the third quarter too. His fan base won’t care and will make excuses but for as unbelievable a player he is it was totally pathetic of him to quit. 

Nah I get it. It's not a big deal. At some point when you're down 20 in a 3-0 game and you keep kicking it out to shooters who can't hit open threes it's understandable to just let it go

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Nah I get it. It's not a big deal. At some point when you're down 20 in a 3-0 game and you keep kicking it out to shooters who can't hit open threes it's understandable to just let it go

They weren’t down 20 at that point though. Lebron was clocked out at the start of the third. He literally did nothing. Than he started just not even going for loose balls. I get the frustration but quitting is just lame to me. Idc about the situation. Your still getting paid millions to play a game in front of your home fans. 

1 minute ago, Gordon MVP said:

Well that was the most anticlimactic finals series, as predicted. Thank god this crap season is over. 

I don’t think next year will be much better. If the Celtics are healthy they’ll be interesting in the East but if Lebron were to leave the east (which I don’t think he will) the Celtics will just walk to the finals. 

Now if Lebron goes to Philly like I think that matchup against Boston will be fantastic. If Lebron teams up with PG and CP3 still won’t beat the Warriors but it would at least not be a sweep. 

My issue with the nba is if your not a fan of one of these 2-3 teams you just have to watch knowing your teams is years away and has absolutely no chance. Kinda weird. Not like that in NFL, MLB or Hockey at least not this drastically. 

The warriors are going to get better too. 

The main issue in the Jordan LeBron debate is the championship discrepancy. 

While I don't think he needs to hit 6, 3 just isn't enough especially when he had the most talented team, an overwhelmingly talented team, 4 consecutive years and only got 2 championships out of it. 

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I don’t think next year will be much better. If the Celtics are healthy they’ll be interesting in the East but if Lebron were to leave the east (which I don’t think he will) the Celtics will just walk to the finals. 

Now if Lebron goes to Philly like I think that matchup against Boston will be fantastic. If Lebron teams up with PG and CP3 still won’t beat the Warriors but it would at least not be a sweep. 

My issue with the nba is if your not a fan of one of these 2-3 teams you just have to watch knowing your teams is years away and has absolutely no chance. Kinda weird. Not like that in NFL, MLB or Hockey at least not this drastically. 

The warriors are going to get better too. 

Warriors won't get better. We always overestimate the amount of luck in championships. Someone will get hurt in the playoffs and they'll lose because they got complacent. 

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

While I don't think he needs to hit 6, 3 just isn't enough especially when he had the most talented team, an overwhelmingly talented team, 4 consecutive years and only got 2 championships out of it. 

Yes, he should have won more with the Heat.

I think LeBron is the ultimate "do more with the least" guy. He can take a bunch of scrubs and get them to the finals, but I don't think his style of play is necessarily the most healthy for a team environment. He needs/wants the ball in his hands a little too much and real teams like the Spurs are able to expose that. I won't mention the Warriors because they're just too stacked and maybe the biggest favorite in sports history year in, year out.

I think LeBron would benefit from playing in a better system, let other players handle the ball in the first 3 quarters and save some energy for the final quarter. It was puzzling seeing Steph Curry stop LeBron from driving to the basket over and over again

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Losing to Dallas is a major blemish. Getting swept twice is bad too.