Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, he’s 3-6 in the Finals, you could argue he’s 2 plays away from being 1-8 in the Finals and honestly at worst, he probably should be 5-4 in the Finals. 

Yea that’s the crazy thing. That Ray Allen shot from the corner literally saved them. 

39 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

You are the biggest troll on the forum. 

why, because I happen to agree with someone else's opinion.

so I'm real high on LBJ and Trae Young, I thought most people were. I'm sorry if I make you feel alienated, it's truly not my intentions.

Just now, Magicfan1987 said:

why, because I happen to agree with someone else's opinion.

so I'm real high on LBJ and Trae Young, I thought most people were. I'm sorry if I make you feel alienated, it's truly not my intentions.

Na the Trae Young talk is fine. He might be the best player in the draft no one knows. 

The LBJ hot takes are next level bad. Agreeing with a guy who says MJ would be an inefficient Westbrook type scorer is laughable. 

Just now, HeHateMe said:

Na the Trae Young talk is fine. He might be the best player in the draft no one knows. 

The LBJ hot takes are next level bad. Agreeing with a guy who says MJ would be an inefficient Westbrook type scorer is laughable. 

I've seen Jordan be CRAZY inefficient before. I guess it's harder to see the shrubs from the rear than the trees.

my actual hard boiled opinion.

there's a room with two players in it, Jordan and James. That door will be locked for a very very long time.

50 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

You are the biggest troll on the forum. 

you may be onto something here.

I was 2% tempted to make your photo of you as a youngin in magic gear my avatar. Then I found that disgustingly creepy so I didn't.  Now what kind of troll am I having past on such an opportunity??

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

the thunder spurs and warriors were all better teams than the ones mj beat in the finals

Warriors? Definitely. Thunder and Spurs? No. That first Spurs team that swept LeBron was up there with anybody MJ beat. The Spurs team LeBron beat? That's like MJ's weakest win (Lakers). And he followed that up by getting slaughtered by that team the very next season. That's like if MJ had lost to the Lakers with Magic Johnson, except Magic and Worthy weren't as over-the-hill yet as Duncan/Parker/Manu (well, maybe Worthy). Over-the-hill Duncan, over-the-hill Parker, over-the-hill Manu, not-yet-there Kawhi; losing to the Mavs is like if MJ had lost to Portland, but three years older Portland. Also if instead of Pippen and Grant, Jordan had Pippen and Barkley. LeBron lost to two of the weaker championship teams in recent memory (only 2004 Detroit compares, really), and he lost with what was supposed to be an unstoppable super-team of 3 HOFers (yes, Chris Bosh was a HOFer before the injuries, AKA when he played with LeBron). That Thunder team consistently got beat by an over-the-hill group in San Antonio and a mediocre Grizzlies team. They were babies when LeBron beat them; Harden wasn't even a starter yet. In essence, MJ beat the 90's version of that Thunder squad when he beat the Magic in 96.

Answer me this: how many HOF players did it take to win LeBron 3 championships? How many for Jordan? LeBron played with 3 guys who are likely HOFers; Wade, Bosh, Kyrie. You can argue with Bosh as a HOFer, but only due to the shortness of his career due to injury. If Bosh isn't a HOFer, neither is James Worthy. Kyrie? he's young, but unless his career trajectory changes drastically, he's a HOFer. And he played like one in that Warriors series win for sure. Wade is obvious. Jordan won six championships with only one real HOFer beside him. Someone really has to explain to me how Rodman is considered a HOF player. Yes, he was a HOF defender and rebound-er. But as an all-around player, he was just above average. His offense was absolute garbage. Rodman is a HOFer like Ben Wallace is a HOFer.

Answer me this: how many HOF players has LeBron beaten in championships? How many Jordan? LeBron beat some great players. Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Duncan, Parker, Manu (I guess), Curry, Thompson, Dray (debatable, but we'll give him this for now). 9 HOF guys; pretty darn good. But looking at it closer, Harden wasn't even an All-Star yet, and Duncan, Parker, and Manu were none of them in their primes, and two of those guys are very debatable as HOFers even in their primes. Durant and Westbrook were very young when LeBron beat them. Draymond Green is probably not really a HOFer, but he's certainly close enough). Jordan beat Magic, Worthy (yes, he was on that Lakers team, and he was still really good, as in still All-Star good), Drexler, Barkley, KJ (yes, if you're too young to know, KJ was a HOF level player), Tom Chambers (if we're going to count old Manu, we have to count old Chambers), Gary Payton, Kemp, Malone, Stockton. 9-to-10 in favor of Jordan. Taking out the questionables (Harden, Manu, Dray for LeBron, Chambers for Jordan), it's 6 to 9. Now further take away the over-the-hill HOFers who weren't really at that level any more (Duncan, Parker for LeBron; Worthy for MJ), and it's 4 to 8.

Now, how many HOFers have beaten LeBron in a finals? Jordan? lol

I'll give Bron this, though: that championship over the Warriors exceeds any individual championship Jordan won. 73-win team, three HOF players, HOF coach, 3-1 lead, all on one side. LeBron and Kyrie on the other. *****ing epic.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I'll give Bron this, though: that championship over the Warriors exceeds any individual championship Jordan won. 73-win team, three HOF players, HOF coach, 3-1 lead, all on one side. LeBron and Kyrie on the other. *****ing epic.

Green isn’t a HOF. Thompson is on the edge. Curry only surefire HOF’er on that team.