Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

4 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

If you put Durant on Cleveland instead of lbj they are def not making the finals even in the east

Maybe? Steph and Klay combined for 21 points on 7-27 shooting and Durant led them to a win. I don’t like the “if x player were on y team they definitely z.” We don’t know what guys are capable of until they accomplish it.

49 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Maybe? Steph and Klay combined for 21 points on 7-27 shooting and Durant led them to a win. I don’t like the “if x player were on y team they definitely z.” We don’t know what guys are capable of until they accomplish it.

There is a bit of proof being that he only did it once with a guy like Westbrook. Throw him on a team like Cleveland and I find it highly unlikely. 

3 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

There is a bit of proof being that he only did it once with a guy like Westbrook. Throw him on a team like Cleveland and I find it highly unlikely. 

I was unaware Durant and Westbrook played in the East. 

14 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I was unaware Durant and Westbrook played in the East. 

Well in my hypothetical LeBron still remains in the East. I'm realizing how dumb this conversation is lol. 

Yeah. The conversation is weird because of the unusual situation in the East where every top player was either injured, coached by an unqualified person, or inexperienced. 

I think this version of Cleveland would probably lose to 5 of the top 6 seeds in the West. 

So it's not crazy that Durant would lead this Cavs team to the finals as I'm pretty sure the 02-03 magic aren't that far off from this Cavs team. 

They would have a different game plan with Durant, too. I feel like part of the problem playing with Lebron is movement becomes lethargic. I think a lot of it falls on the coach, but stylistically the same team would look a lot different. More cutting and screens since KD does so much damage from 15+ feet. Less standing around  the three point line waiting for the kick out. Being more involved that way would probably improve the play of “the other guys” as well.

4 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

They would have a different game plan with Durant, too. I feel like part of the problem playing with Lebron is movement becomes lethargic. I think a lot of it falls on the coach, but stylistically the same team would look a lot different. More cutting and screens since KD does so much damage from 15+ feet. Less standing around  the three point line waiting for the kick out. Being more involved that way would probably improve the play of “the other guys” as well.

I agree with this

3 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

LeBron should have patched it up with kyrie so he wouldn’t leave. Now he’s screwed by his own ego. 

56 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. The conversation is weird because of the unusual situation in the East where every top player was either injured, coached by an unqualified person, or inexperienced. 

I think this version of Cleveland would probably lose to 5 of the top 6 seeds in the West. 

So it's not crazy that Durant would lead this Cavs team to the finals as I'm pretty sure the 02-03 magic aren't that far off from this Cavs team. 

I’m not taking anything away from Durant I think he’s an amazing player and the second best in the league but I’m not sure he’s good enough to do what Lebron is doing right now. I mean when he was on OKC he choked so hard when they were so close and up 3-1 on the warriors

to think he could take a team of scrubs on Cleveland to the finals is really pushing it 

10 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

I’m not taking anything away from Durant I think he’s an amazing player and the second best in the league but I’m not sure he’s good enough to do what Lebron is doing right now. I mean when he was on OKC he choked so hard when they were so close and up 3-1 on the warriors

to think he could take a team of scrubs on Cleveland to the finals is really pushing it 

This is a leap in logic that I'm not sure is applicable. It's like saying LeBron choking against Dallas in the finals shows he couldn't lead this team to the finals but he did. 

I'm having a hard time envisioning Durant taking this Cavs group past the Boston team that they just beat.  Idk.  If Durant hadn't had a transcendent Game 3, I doubt this conversation would be going on considering the all-time postseason Bron is having.

3 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

If you put Durant on Cleveland instead of lbj they are def not making the finals even in the east

yeah I said earlier that pavers beat them in 7