Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

16 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Tristan Thompson fined 25k, but avoids suspension 

I knew he wouldn’t gets suspended even when he clearly should have. Was already ejected. Failed to leave the court in a timely manner. Through a ball at an opposing player after the fact and shoved his hand in his face. Let’s not act like if that was reversed Green wouldn’t be suspended because he clearly would be. 

7 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

I knew he wouldn’t gets suspended even when he clearly should have. Was already ejected. Failed to leave the court in a timely manner. Through a ball at an opposing player after the fact and shoved his hand in his face. Let’s not act like if that was reversed Green wouldn’t be suspended because he clearly would be. 

I don't think Dray would be this year. Just my opinion, but I think the whole reason Thompson didn't was because Dray did a couple years ago and people threw a fit. It's going to take near murder to get suspended in the finals now.

19 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

SOME UNFINISHED BUSINESS

RgTIKY.png

HEwfV7.png

5NRp8y.png

Publication -  National Broadcasting Under Siege:  A Comparative Study of                                                                         Australia, Britain, Israel, and  West Germany 

Result 1 of 1 in this book for the meaning of buckle down under pressure    

50         External Political Pressures
. . .doing it'. However, a board member expressed a different opinion: 'On a senior executive level - I 
feel I am a senior executive - that sort of pressure is not responded to!' The same board member 
thought that the lower level of the ABC might be more responsive to political pressures: 'For 
instance there's a current affairs producer and he's canvassing a particular issue and Joe Bloggs 
says "well, why aren't I on it?"  And  the producer owes Joe Bloggs a favor . . . that sort of  thing
probably does happen.' Other respondents believed that all levels of the ABC would now be 
resistant to political pressures:                 

because the ABC hears complaints from politicians and considers them, that doesn't mean that it . . 
       . "buckles down" under such pressure . . . Despite the PM's calls to several different sections of 
       the ABC, his request was simply not granted . So I'd  be  very careful in assuming that every  
       attempted influence correlates with actual  influence.  It  doesn't.

I think the ABC tends to stand up for itself.

image.thumb.png.b475f4be48e66cf6baf43cca77a0b91a.png

gLsI8E.png

xzeNQA.png

YOU WERE COMPARING, BUDDY! YOU SAID THAT YOU ARE AN ADULT AND THAT I WAS ACTING LIKE A CHILD.

pen3uh.png

LOL, did you really spend the last two days trying to find an example of "buckle down" being used in that context? You literally found one example. It's in the post, "result 1 of 1." That's awesome. But finding an example of someone else using the idiom incorrectly doesn't make your use correct. And those synonyms don't mean what you seem to think they do. Look at the rest of the synonyms for clues. Or look at the definitions of the synonyms. Bend as in "direct or devote (one's attention or energies) to a task," not " "force or be forced to submit." And "to give oneself over to something" is "to devote oneself to someone or something" in this context, not "surrender to someone or something." Again, look at all the other synonyms on your list for clues.

As for the comparison: again, I never compared our qualifications to have opinions on childish behavior. I actually never compared you and I at all. Taking only my comments, it does look like I made a comparison (though, again, not about our qualifications, which is what I said specifically). But adding yours back in, it becomes clear the only comparisons were made by you. I simply gave an opinion that your reaction to a post was perhaps childish. You asked who I was to make such accusations. No comparison so far from me, just a statement of opinion on a comment. I answered by giving my qualifications to make such accusations - still no comparison. You asked why that was relevant (amusingly, since it was only relevant in response to your question, but reading comprehension isn't everyone's strong suit, so I acquiesced). I explained the relevance and acknowledged your own (since you brought up your qualifications). Still no comparison. I only brought up being an adult in response to your request for qualifications, not as a comparison to you. That's fairly clear looking back at the posts.

Now, maybe take some of that Excedrin, if you really do need some. I think the migraine is impairing your reading comprehension.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You know what Jas, I see I'm getting under your skin. I don't have to tell you why it took me so long to respond to your negative comments about me.

But. . .if you want to know. . .I am not at my primary home in Florida, which is near Orlando. I am currently at my vacation home in a state in the northern part of the U.S. While at my vacation home, I have been in and out. . .just like today where I have been away from my computer all day.  During my stay here I have been traveling by car with a friend to enjoy other sights. So it can be difficult to chat with you if I am not near a wi-fi hot spot. 

But I am not going to use/ruin this thread to go back and forth with you. 

HOWEVER. . . I will not let you define who I am. I will continue to post what you consider childish things. So if it bothers you that much, you can put me on "ignore".

So, tomorrow, I'm going to sit and enjoy the playoffs and post whatever I please.

Carry On!!!

Edit: Oops, Justin, did I address you as Jas? For all I know, you could be DOM (Space Jesus).

6 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

You know what Jas, I see I'm getting under your skin. I don't have to tell you why it took me so long to respond to your negative comments about me.

But. . .if you want to know. . .I am not at my primary home in Florida, which is near Orlando. I am currently at my vacation home in a state in the northern part of the U.S. While at my vacation home, I have been in and out. . .just like today where I have been away from my computer all day.  During my stay here I have been traveling by car with a friend to enjoy other sights. So it can be difficult to chat with you if I am not near a wi-fi hot spot. 

But I am not going to use/ruin this thread to go back and forth with you. 

HOWEVER. . . I will not let you define who I am. I will continue to post what you consider childish things. So if it bothers you that much, you can put me on "ignore".

So, tomorrow, I'm going to sit and enjoy the playoffs and post whatever I please.

Carry On!!!

I assure you, you're not under my skin. Indeed, I'm enjoying all of this. It's amusing. I'm glad you're keeping busy, though, on your vacation. Vacations are fun, aren't they?

You keep telling me you're not going to go back and forth, but then you keep posting, accusing me of things, so I keep responding, defending my statements.

Again, I assure you, I don't want to define who you are. Not sure how I would even attempt from the humble vantage of a fellow basketball observer and poster on an internet forum. Your identity is certainly your own. If you continue to post childish things, expect that occasionally I'll get fed up and call you out on it. That's just part of the internet forum experience. I have no intention of putting you on "ignore."

Do enjoy the playoffs tomorrow. And post what you like. I'll be around.

I look to the sea!!! Reflections in the waves spark my memories!!! Some happy, some sad!!! I think of childhood friends, and the dreams we had!!! We live happily forever!!! So the story goes!!! But somehow we missed out on the pot of gold!!! But we'll try, best as we can, to cAAAAAAAAAAAry on!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alright you guys both win now let’s move on. 

Predictions for tonight? I think it stays close in the first half but warriors pull away in the second. 

112 -101 GS 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

. . . let’s move on. 

Predictions for tonight? I think it stays close in the first half but warriors pull away in the second. 

112 -101 GS 

This^^^ pjOZEk.png