Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

Just now, TrueMagicFan07 said:

MAKE ME!!! . . .It's Not Going To Happen! And why, because you are giving me orders to do so?

It was what is called a conditional statement, not an order.

I'm starting to understand the Draymond love, at least. I said "it's only funny to the child," but maybe it's funny to other children as well.

I'm just asking you to look at the situation objectively. You're response is no? I know a lot of people treat you with kid gloves around here, and that's fine. You're generally civil with everyone, so I'm okay with it. But don't take the kid gloves as license to act like a child. It's annoying.

14 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Oh, the ever-present argument: "Well, they did it too!!!"

It's a terrible argument, generally made by petty people. If something is unprofessional, it's unprofessional when anyone does it. Draymond Green is a douche. This is known. Stop trying to excuse it.

What Green was doing last night was on the court, during play, and petty. It's offensive because normal people don't tune in to sports to watch grown men act like arrogant children. It's offensive because the 4th best player on the best team in the world taunting the best player in the world in the midst of maybe the greatest losing-effort game in history is disrespectful, not only to that player, but by extension to the fans. It's like watching a bratty child taunt an adult while hiding behind his mother. It's only really funny to the child. It's offensive because it's petty, childish behavior. These are things adults are supposed to have already learned: having fun is great, but having fun at someone else' expense is not okay.

I'm pretty sure you're old enough to know this stuff, too. Take off the GS love and the LeBron hate for a second and you'll see this type of behavior should be frowned on.

(For the record, I hate both GS and the Cavs, pretty much equally; not a LeBron fan or a Draymond Green hater)

Nah dude.  Draymond Green gets to talk all he wants because of what is said about him around the league and internet.  Draymond can do no worse than what people have said to him or say about him at all.  Don't get me wrong, Draymond talks ****.  However, humans have directed appalling insults, death threats, wishing he would get stabbed, etc at him. 

I'm giving him a pass.  Draymond gets to say what he wants. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, the JR Smith intentional dirty undercut of Klay Thompson makes me want Golden State to win even more.  They should be fired up to destroy the Cavaliers now.  There's too much motivation.  It important to know that Jr has always been a dirty player but fans always forget.  Volatile memory I guess. 

----------------

On the Tristan Thompson ejection:

Its important for you all to understand what type of dirty player Tristan Thompson is.  Tristan Thompson prior to that play gave a dirty elbow to Curry and tried to undercut him.  Then Curry immediately started jabbering to LeBron and Tristan about it how dirty they are obviously since that's what it takes to beat Golden State.  Tristan has been this type of player since 2016.  He doesn't even set legal screens as his screens consist of shoving people with his elbows.  I don't see how you guys haven't seen this.  I watched all off ball play to see where the ball is going.  Not where the ball is and I've seen too much dirty work done.  

10 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

You mean block?

Lol yeah block! Geez was half asleep when I typed that, can't believe I wrote it wrong multiple times. 

1 minute ago, ~O~ said:

Nah dude.  Draymond Green gets to talk all he wants because of what is said about him around the league and internet.  Draymond can do no worse than what people have said to him or say about him at all.  Don't get me wrong, Draymond talks ****.  However, humans have directed appalling insults, death threats, wishing he would get stabbed, etc at him. 

I'm giving him a pass.  Draymond gets to say what he wants. 

But that's also a terrible argument. Other people are terrible, so he gets to act like a child? Bully's are often bullied by someone else, either at home or wherever. It doesn't make their bullying okay.

On 6/1/2018 at 5:50 PM, Justin Jaudon said:

It was what is called a conditional statement, not an order.

I'm starting to understand the Draymond love, at least. I said "it's only funny to the child," but maybe it's funny to other children as well.

I'm just asking you to look at the situation objectively. You're response is no? I know a lot of people treat you with kid gloves around here, and that's fine. You're generally civil with everyone, so I'm okay with it. But don't take the kid gloves as license to act like a child. It's annoying.

Justin, you said that people around here are treating me with kid gloves, well I'll tell them to stop because I can hold my own. You are not going to chase me away by comments like that. And you are not going to control what I say. You, sir, don't know me that well. This is the internet. . . I will not buckle down under no one.

Carry on!!!

And one other thing, Sir Justin. Who are you to label people as acting like a child or child-like. For the likes of some posters like you, Justin, this board is becoming a tyranny.

1 minute ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Justin, you said that people around here are treating me with kid gloves, well I'll tell them to stop because I can hold my own. You are not going to chase me away by comments like that. And you are not going to control what I say. You, sir, don't know me that well. This is the internet. . . I will not buckle down under no one.

Carry on!!!

I hope they do stop with the kid gloves; it's annoying to watch. I don't want to chase anyone away; I just want solid conversation. I don't want to control anyone (not sure where you're getting all this; seriously, I'm just disagreeing with your arguments, not trying to control you). I never claimed to know you; I don't need to in order to understand the words you write. This is indeed an internet forum. That's not what "buckle down" means, but I understand and applaud you're sentiment (so long as it doesn't also mean that you're unwilling to listen to anyone).

My wayward son!!! There'll be peace when you are done!!! Lay your weary head to rest!!! Don't you cry no more!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

And one other thing, Sir Justin. Who are you to label people as acting like a child or child-like. For the likes of some posters like you, Justin, this board is becoming a tyranny.

I'm an adult.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

But that's also a terrible argument. Other people are terrible, so he gets to act like a child? Bully's are often bullied by someone else, either at home or wherever. It doesn't make their bullying okay.

No its not.  If this guy is getting DEATH THREATS or PEOPLE WISHING HE'D GET STABBED AT A CLUB, I don't blame him for mocking people as they are evil inside and don't see their own evil. 

As much as I *****ing hate LeBron, I only wish people would beat him at the sport.  Not wish he would get murdered or to get stabbed some****.  That's beyond sports and that's going into the law. That's over the *****ing top and YOU KNOW IT.  

Once again, taunting is part of professional sports.  Curry Taunts, Harden Taunts, LeBron. Hell, I believe Golden State are the way they are because of this past game winner by LeBron.  I think that's part of the Reason for Curry's MVP the next season.  If you watched in the background while LeBron was taunting, Curry watched that whole thing.  If you want people to stop taunting your ass, get better.  

Draymond has been magnified beyond anyone else I've ever seen in the league.  I feel sorry for him. I think it mostly has to deal with his physical appearance for the most part.  He looks naturally aggressive to people.  

2 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

No its not.  If this guy is getting DEATH THREATS or PEOPLE WISHING HE'D GET STABBED AT A CLUB, I don't blame him for mocking people as they are evil inside and don't see their own evil. 

As much as I *****ing hate LeBron, I only wish people would beat him at the sport.  Not wish he would get murdered or to get stabbed some****.  That's beyond sports and that's going into the law. That's over the *****ing top and YOU KNOW IT.  

Once again, taunting is part of professional sports.  Curry Taunts, Harden Taunts, LeBron. Hell, I believe Golden State are the way they are because of this past game winner by LeBron.  I think that's part of the Reason for Curry's MVP the next season.  If you watched in the background while LeBron was taunting, Curry watched that whole thing.  

As I said before, other people being ****ty doesn't magically confer righteousness to Draymond Green's every action. As for that LeBron clip, there's very little comparison. It's still disrespectful in my eyes, because he's directing it out at the fans, but not on Dray's level at all. Draymond's was compounded by directing it at a specific player, the mocking rather than celebratory tone of the act, and the fact that the game was not over.

Just now, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I'm an adult too, Justin. So what?

I'm an adult. I have seen many children and observed them from outside childhood. Therefore I'm qualified to have an opinion on whether someone is acting like a child. So are you, it seems. Hooray! We've solved that conundrum.

• Like 1