Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

Idk how anyone can say that was a charge on Durant. I really don’t. I don’t agree with the review and switching the call but Lebron was absolutely moving. And the “legal guarding position” argument is trash. He was moving and leaving into Durant. It was a block. The review was dumb though. 

Surprised no one mentions that foul that put hill on the line. An off the ball foul 20 feet away from the ball where there’s slight contact, hill locks up Thompson’s arm and just fall to the ground—that was an awful call. It’s not talked about but making that call in the finals with 4 seconds left was trash. The ball never lies though and the better team won. 

Also, I hope Love doesn’t get suspended that would be stupid. 

20 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Idk how anyone can say that was a charge on Durant. I really don’t. I don’t agree with the review and switching the call but Lebron was absolutely moving. And the “legal guarding position” argument is trash. He was moving and leaving into Durant. It was a block. The review was dumb though. 

Surprised no one mentions that foul that put hill on the line. An off the ball foul 20 feet away from the ball where there’s slight contact, hill locks up Thompson’s arm and just fall to the ground—that was an awful call. It’s not talked about but making that call in the finals with 4 seconds left was trash. The ball never lies though and the better team won. 

Also, I hope Love doesn’t get suspended that would be stupid. 

Fwiw i think you gotta call that Thompson foul. Guys get held all the time off ball but LeBron was really smart and passed it that way. You can't just let that go. 

16 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Fwiw i think you gotta call that Thompson foul. Guys get held all the time off ball but LeBron was really smart and passed it that way. You can't just let that go. 

I agree based on live action, but if you watch slo-mo, Klay is chasing Hill with his arm out to deny the pass and Hill grabs his arm and falls down. Savvy vet play by George Hill

4 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I agree based on live action, but if you watch slo-mo, Klay is chasing Hill with his arm out to deny the pass and Hill grabs his arm and falls down. Savvy vet play by George Hill

I haven't looked at the replay but if true I just chalk that up to a smart veteran play that refs need to remember next time that happens vs a bad call. 

11 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I haven't looked at the replay but if true I just chalk that up to a smart veteran play that refs need to remember next time that happens vs a bad call. 

Its true.  That's what I saw.  

16 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

gorilla pounding your chest and shimmying with your shoulders, directly at your opponent. It's baiting IMO. If he's doing it on the sidelines or towards the crowd, ok, still unprofessional but you let it slide b/c it's to pump up the team, crowd, etc. but right at the guy, in a moment like that with everything that just happened, it's baiting. And TT obviously took exception to that. The ref should not have been surprised or shocked that someone blew up because of that. 

THIS IS NOT TAUNTING?

Image result for images of Cavaliers pretending to pose for the camera

lebron_james_nba_090319_cle-vs-por-05.jp

lebron_james_nba_090310_cle-at-lac-05.jp

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah, I don't see how it being a smart veteran play makes it not a foul. Vets know how to get fouls. The refs watch for it, like you said, once they see it in slow-mo; but you still probably call that foul every time in that situation. You're not entitled to all the space you can make with your arms as a defender. Without slow-mo I just don't see how it could be seen that he grabbed Thompson's arm. And if you don't see him obviously do it (because that's part of it being a good vet move, that he didn't telegraph it), it's hard not to call it in that situation. Maybe you let it go on suspicion earlier in the game, but not right there. You no-call a play like that, in that situation, you damn well better be right.

3 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

THIS IS NOT TAUNTING?

Image result for images of Cavaliers pretending to pose for the camera

lebron_james_nba_090319_cle-vs-por-05.jp

lebron_james_nba_090310_cle-at-lac-05.jp

Oh, the ever-present argument: "Well, they did it too!!!"

It's a terrible argument, generally made by petty people. If something is unprofessional, it's unprofessional when anyone does it. Draymond Green is a douche. This is known. Stop trying to excuse it.

What Green was doing last night was on the court, during play, and petty. It's offensive because normal people don't tune in to sports to watch grown men act like arrogant children. It's offensive because the 4th best player on the best team in the world taunting the best player in the world in the midst of maybe the greatest losing-effort game in history is disrespectful, not only to that player, but by extension to the fans. It's like watching a bratty child taunt an adult while hiding behind his mother. It's only really funny to the child. It's offensive because it's petty, childish behavior. These are things adults are supposed to have already learned: having fun is great, but having fun at someone else' expense is not okay.

I'm pretty sure you're old enough to know this stuff, too. Take off the GS love and the LeBron hate for a second and you'll see this type of behavior should be frowned on.

(For the record, I hate both GS and the Cavs, pretty much equally; not a LeBron fan or a Draymond Green hater)

3 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

What Green was doing last night was on the court, during play, and petty. It's offensive because normal people don't tune in to sports to watch grown men act like arrogant children. It's offensive because the 4th best player on the best team in the world taunting the best player in the world in the midst of maybe the greatest losing-effort game in history is disrespectful, not only to that player, but by extension to the fans. It's like watching a bratty child taunt an adult while hiding behind his mother. It's only really funny to the child. It's offensive because it's petty, childish behavior. These are things adults are supposed to have already learned: having fun is great, but having fun at someone else' expense is not okay.

this is perfectly put thank you!

12 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Oh, the ever-present argument: "Well, they did it too!!!"

It's a terrible argument, generally made by petty people. If something is unprofessional, it's unprofessional when anyone does it. Draymond Green is a douche. This is known. Stop trying to excuse it.

I'm pretty sure you're old enough to know this stuff, too. Take off the GS love and the LeBron hate for a second and you'll see this type of behavior should be frowned on.

(For the record, I hate both GS and the Cavs, pretty much equally; not a LeBron fan or a Draymond Green hater)

MAKE ME!!! . . .It's Not Going To Happen! And why, because you are giving me orders to do so?

edit: Bring it on! . . .Fire the cannons . . .Oh, wait . . .that's the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Upvote 1