Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

Now that's what I like to see from Houston. A lot more ball movement and the role players (Gordon and Tucker) showed up big time. Maybe they can steal one of the next two and make things interesting

Dont know if this goes here, But Bill Russell rushed to the hospital on a serious heart condition. Hope he is doing well. Excellent human being and an inspiration for many. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

Dont know if this goes here, But Bill Russell rushed to the hospital on a serious heart condition. Hope he is doing well. Excellent human being and an inspiration for many. 

He is out of the hospital and it was dehydration since he did not drink enough 

7 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I don’t understand how LeBron is still this good with this many miles on him. It defies logic 

Refs let him score 44 pts.  Not to mention his forearm shivers.  And Boston throwing the game per Adam Silver's orders.

• Like 1

West: does anyone really think warriors won’t win it all for this season and 2/3 to come if they avoid injury to their 4 key players? If they are not injured they should win all the time, every time. Too much Advantage with that roster

east: what LeBron is doing is incredible. Essentially one man carrying his entire team to Ecf against a team that is the future of the league with the deepest roster and with one of the greatest gm coach duos. I see Boston gsw as the finals for next 2-3 seasons 

btw I dislike all the iso plays that teams use now. Really preferred when ball movement was the offense key, now it looks like individual conpetition inside a team game 

16 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

West: does anyone really think warriors won’t win it all for this season and 2/3 to come if they avoid injury to their 4 key players? If they are not injured they should win all the time, every time. Too much Advantage with that roster

east: what ****** is doing is incredible. Essentially one man carrying his entire team to Ecf against a team that is the future of the league with the deepest roster and with one of the greatest gm coach duos. I see Boston gsw as the finals for next 2-3 seasons 

btw I dislike all the iso plays that teams use now. Really preferred when ball movement was the offense key, now it looks like individual conpetition inside a team game 

Currently, I feel the Boston offense has been tentative.  Once they were down double digits, it was over.  However, game 4 was awfully officiated.  Both the second and third quarters were controlled officiating.  Boston was never allowed to gain any type of offense rhythm to make a comeback.  Ever time a comeback was in order, Scott Foster would blow a late call.  I and group of others counted it.  There was about 7 to 10.  Game 3 was better officiated and Boston laid an egg in that. Most of all, the Celtics shot themselves in the foot when they were trying to come back.  The would either turn the ball over or miss a critical jumpshot.  I feel they're playing down to *********'s level which beneath them and beneath the rest of the league.  They've looked like a tentative, passive, eastern conference team which is disappointing.  Jalen Brown and Jayson Tatum transformed from fearless reliable slashers to Demarr Derozan and Kyle Lowry.  Typing Lowry and Derozan's name's out just makes my stomach turn in each instance.  

The only thing I'll put on Brad Stevens is overplaying Marcus Smart.  Smart has both kept them in the game but shot them out of the game as well.  This is what happens when you don't develop an efficient jump shot in a league requiring you to score.  

-----------------------------------

On the western conference, I believe that Golden State is *****ing themselves over.  Whenever they've won, they come out in the next match with no urgency to play a collective efficient game.  They've turned the ball over at a high rate.  Tonight loss was on Draymond and Shaun Livingston who split turnovers at 5.   But..its not all on them.  Curry and Durant shot piss poor from the field.  They literally blew the game in the fourth as well as home court advantage.  They're getting too cocky for their own good.  I wouldn't mind seeing Golden State lose so they can be humbled.  

3 hours ago, ~O~ said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Golden State lose so they can be humbled.  

Either would I, got a pretty big preseason bet on the rockets to win the title! 

That was the best game in these playoffs. Harden's amazing dunk, Curry going ballistic from 3 in the 3rd, CP3 playing with big balls and winning them the game

19 hours ago, ~O~ said:

Currently, I feel the Boston offense has been tentative.  Once they were down double digits, it was over.  However, game 4 was awfully officiated.  Both the second and third quarters were controlled officiating.  Boston was never allowed to gain any type of offense rhythm to make a comeback.  Ever time a comeback was in order, Scott Foster would blow a late call.  I and group of others counted it.  There was about 7 to 10.  Game 3 was better officiated and Boston laid an egg in that. Most of all, the Celtics shot themselves in the foot when they were trying to come back.  The would either turn the ball over or miss a critical jumpshot.  I feel they're playing down to *********'s level which beneath them and beneath the rest of the league.  They've looked like a tentative, passive, eastern conference team which is disappointing.  Jalen Brown and Jayson Tatum transformed from fearless reliable slashers to Demarr Derozan and Kyle Lowry.  Typing Lowry and Derozan's name's out just makes my stomach turn in each instance.  

The only thing I'll put on Brad Stevens is overplaying Marcus Smart.  Smart has both kept them in the game but shot them out of the game as well.  This is what happens when you don't develop an efficient jump shot in a league requiring you to score.  

-----------------------------------

On the western conference, I believe that Golden State is *****ing themselves over.  Whenever they've won, they come out in the next match with no urgency to play a collective efficient game.  They've turned the ball over at a high rate.  Tonight loss was on Draymond and Shaun Livingston who split turnovers at 5.   But..its not all on them.  Curry and Durant shot piss poor from the field.  They literally blew the game in the fourth as well as home court advantage.  They're getting too cocky for their own good.  I wouldn't mind seeing Golden State lose so they can be humbled.  

Imho Boston is doing all that they can taking into account their young and inexperienced roster. This celtics are textbook definiton of massive overachievers and even if they lose the next 2 they should be glad about their season and their great coach

and I don’t think it is possible that gsw loses 4, but harden and Paul are really doing all they can