Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

My guy just said he hasn’t watched any of the series yet went on to provide a dissertation about what’s happening and why everyone else is wrong. Amazing. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ~O~ said:

All this LeBron nut hugging will stop when you all see what happens when he isn't hiding defense and teams make him play defense.  San Antonio did that and they destroyed him.  He could not guard Manu, Leonard, Green, Parker, or Duncan.  They all went at him fearless in 14.  Jason Terry went at him fearless in 11.  He surely couldn't guard Durant and Durant proved that with that shot in his mug last year.  Most of all, they ran him through an abundant amount of screens.  THIS..is how you beat LeBron, you treat him like any other player.  Treat him like he's a normal 6"0' point guard.  He'll turn into a deer right before your eyes.  

The Toronto Raptors strategy speaks for itself as far the playoffs have gone.  Lebron was not attacked at all.  Oladipo showed what happens if you attack him with full confidence and sadly, he only did this for three games.  What's exhausting about this perspective is that Oladipo is in his first year with his team.  Derozan and Lowry have been with theirs for 7 years.  Have they...no shame.  

If LeBron is rested enough to commit his offensive fouls to score 15 points to add to his legitimate scoring, than you haven't made him play both ends.  The Raptors were not prepared even after 6 seasons of knowing full well what Cleveland's strategy was.  I haven't watched any of the series if only by accident and I've only read the realgm in every forum to get an idea of whats going on.  

Tribe LeBron is pretty abundant and have a narrow outlook.  People will mindlessly join the tribe but I won't.  I hope the team that deserves to win the championship will win it.  

Thus far that looks like Houston.  

We aren't talking about 2014 LeBron. He is better now than he was then. Plus I was rooting for Toronto to extend the series. Admitting someone is a great player doesn't mean you are their #1 fan or want their team to win the Championship (I doubt the Cavs will).

10 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

He just like shaq, just bigger than everybody guarding him. He plays bully ball. He can pass the ball. I’ll give him that. Oh and ibaka is softer than vuc, glad he’s gone

Pretty sure saying that LeBron just plays bullyball is about as useful of a critique as saying that Stephen Curry just jacks up threes. While it's technically true that Curry relies a lot on the three ball, it doesn't negate the fact that it takes a lot of skill to do what he does. LeBron does what you call bullyball because he can. If other people in the league could do what he's doing they would; but they can't. They can't because they're not six-foot-eight/260 lb and athletic like a guard. They can't because they don't have the ball handling skills or touch around the basket to absorb the contact and still make shots.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, ~O~ said:

All this LeBron nut hugging will stop when you all see what happens when he isn't hiding defense and teams make him play defense.  San Antonio did that and they destroyed him.  He could not guard Manu, Leonard, Green, Parker, or Duncan.  They all went at him fearless in 14.  Jason Terry went at him fearless in 11.  He surely couldn't guard Durant and Durant proved that with that shot in his mug last year.  Most of all, they ran him through an abundant amount of screens.  THIS..is how you beat LeBron, you treat him like any other player.  Treat him like he's a normal 6"0' point guard.  He'll turn into a deer right before your eyes.  

The Toronto Raptors strategy speaks for itself as far the playoffs have gone.  Lebron was not attacked at all.  Oladipo showed what happens if you attack him with full confidence and sadly, he only did this for three games.  What's exhausting about this perspective is that Oladipo is in his first year with his team.  Derozan and Lowry have been with theirs for 7 years.  Have they...no shame.  

If LeBron is rested enough to commit his offensive fouls to score 15 points to add to his legitimate scoring, than you haven't made him play both ends.  The Raptors were not prepared even after 6 seasons of knowing full well what Cleveland's strategy was.  I haven't watched any of the series if only by accident and I've only read the realgm in every forum to get an idea of whats going on.  

Tribe LeBron is pretty abundant and have a narrow outlook.  People will mindlessly join the tribe but I won't.  I hope the team that deserves to win the championship will win it.  

Thus far that looks like Houston.  

What the hell are you talking about?

5 hours ago, ~O~ said:

Context is throughout the game.  His forearm is his best friend and they won't call him for it because they want him to win and they want the perception you all eat up.  

You tell 'em -O-. LeBron's team might win the Eastern Conference championship, but they are not going to win the NBA final. You can take that to the bank.

47 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

What the hell is in the post?  

1 hour ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Pretty sure saying that ****** just plays bullyball is about as useful of a critique as saying that Stephen Curry just jacks up threes. While it's technically true that Curry relies a lot on the three ball, it doesn't negate the fact that it takes a lot of skill to do what he does. ****** does what you call bullyball because he can. If other people in the league could do what he's doing they would; but they can't. They can't because they're not six-foot-eight/260 lb and athletic like a guard. They can't because they don't have the ball handling skills or touch around the basket to absorb the contact and still make shots.

Fan for far too long?  What is your interpretation of bully ball?  

1 hour ago, Justin Jaudon said:

LeBron does what you call bullyball because he can. If other people in the league could do what he's doing they would; but they can't. 

Like the crab dribble (travel) he use to get away with?

1 hour ago, jjgator said:

We aren't talking about 2014 ******. He is better now than he was then. Plus I was rooting for Toronto to extend the series. Admitting someone is a great player doesn't mean you are their #1 fan or want their team to win the Championship (I doubt the **** will).

He isn't a great defender at all. ONCE AGAIN.  ****** isn't a great defender at all.   I don't know how the ***** you all suddenly think its blasphemy to call ***** a sub par defender as if he can't do anything wrong.  He was terrible last year also.  I've seen too many highlight videos exposing his defense to see through the illusion that. Hell, I have saved video myself on how bad of a defender ****** ***** is.  ****** rarely gets defensive highlights.  If he does, its on a player that's smaller than him and the highlight is blown out of proportion.   The simple person doesn't care about defensive highlights.  They want to see someone dunk the ball,  tomahawk it on fast breaks in some generic fashion, forearm through defenders, and dunk the ball.  

I'd give him more credit against the Pacers than Toronto.  If you had read my prior posts even before this year, you'd know I've never believed in Toronto.  I already said they **** themselves before the series even started.  Toronto..is not a team that any team in the league should fear at all whatsoever.  The Toronto Raptors are the biggest underachieving placeholder team that I've ever seen in the history of me watching basketball.  Its shocking how a team could be so mentally handicapped at no fault but their own.  Its their own fault for losing the series and losing the prior ones before in past seasons.  I wouldn't want them in my sight for how much they've lost prior to this season by literally melting.  I don't even know how they have fans this year.  I don't even think they'll have fans next year.  They've definitely wasted their season ticket holder's money.  

24 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Like the crab dribble (travel) he still to get away with?

Fixed ;)

1 hour ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

What the hell is in that post?