Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

1 minute ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I remember that Korver play and even thought it could have been the right basketball play. My argument is more on the philosophical side. LeBron is the guy. He's the leader of the team and he's the most important person on the Cavaliers organization. I think that if the game was tied he could have passed, but being down a few points, he's the guy who imagines himself hitting the big shot over and over again. Korver is a role player and might not have the same mental disposition. I think it was too big of a moment to have anyone else decide it and some talking heads agree with me, but I can see the other side of the argument as well.

For some reason I was arguing about this with some other guy and he got real emotional about it

Yeah but I think that's a pretty crappy philosophy that we subscribe to as viewers because we want sports to reflect the dramatic narrative but that ultimately leads to bad shots. In reality we should want the best basketball play possible. 

Like look at the numbers in the last minute this year. http://bkref.com/tiny/FjpcI Fox is arguably the most clutch player in the nba. Westbrook, McCollum, Butler, derozan, LeBron, oladipo, Beal, Durant, wall, kemba are some of the least clutch players. Why make it easy for the defense. Use your best players as a diversion

4 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

LeBron has been unbelievable. One of the few criticisms I had of him was when he passed the ball to Kyle Korver in a do or die situation against Golden State. He's the captain of the ship, the team has to go as he goes and I'm glad he's taking more control and becoming more and more clutch.

What a run he's had in these playoffs. Tremendous talent

He just like shaq, just bigger than everybody guarding him. He plays bully ball. He can pass the ball. I’ll give him that. Oh and ibaka is softer than vuc, glad he’s gone

5 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

He just like shaq, just bigger than everybody guarding him. He plays bully ball. He can pass the ball. I’ll give him that. Oh and ibaka is softer than vuc, glad he’s gone

yea, I think he can do a little...sorry A LOT more than that. I guess he banked that soft, high-off-the-glass perfect floater using his bully ball skills...

14 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

yea, I think he can do a little...sorry A LOT more than that. I guess he banked that soft, high-off-the-glass perfect floater using his bully ball skills...

Context is throughout the game.  His forearm is his best friend and they won't call him for it because they want him to win and they want the perception you all eat up.  

All this LeBron nut hugging will stop when you all see what happens when he isn't hiding defense and teams make him play defense.  San Antonio did that and they destroyed him.  He could not guard Manu, Leonard, Green, Parker, or Duncan.  They all went at him fearless in 14.  Jason Terry went at him fearless in 11.  He surely couldn't guard Durant and Durant proved that with that shot in his mug last year.  Most of all, they ran him through an abundant amount of screens.  THIS..is how you beat LeBron, you treat him like any other player.  Treat him like he's a normal 6"0' point guard.  He'll turn into a deer right before your eyes.  

The Toronto Raptors strategy speaks for itself as far the playoffs have gone.  Lebron was not attacked at all.  Oladipo showed what happens if you attack him with full confidence and sadly, he only did this for three games.  What's exhausting about this perspective is that Oladipo is in his first year with his team.  Derozan and Lowry have been with theirs for 7 years.  Have they...no shame.  

If LeBron is rested enough to commit his offensive fouls to score 15 points to add to his legitimate scoring, than you haven't made him play both ends.  The Raptors were not prepared even after 6 seasons of knowing full well what Cleveland's strategy was.  I haven't watched any of the series if only by accident and I've only read the realgm in every forum to get an idea of whats going on.  

Tribe LeBron is pretty abundant and have a narrow outlook.  People will mindlessly join the tribe but I won't.  I hope the team that deserves to win the championship will win it.  

Thus far that looks like Houston.