Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

5 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

So... just to be clear, your argument here is that the Warriors are better without Stephen Curry?

Who said the Warriors are better without Curry? Of course Curry's scoring is needed, but the timing in which they brought him back is the key. The Warriors should have been up by 3-0. They were not ready for Curry's return for game 2. So,  in game 3, the Pelican's coach saw something they felt they could exploit. No longer were the Warriors passing the ball around looking for the open man, and for some reason, the lane was not opening up for the Warriors to make easy lay ups. There were more 3 pt. attempts being jacked up and missed (game 3). 

The Warriors played small ball too long in game 3. Draymon Green is a good defender, but the Pelicans used 2 twin towers--Davis and whats the other guy's name?--who were very effective scoring more than 15 feet from the basket. Both teams had been pushing the ball up the floor, the Warriors went away from that in game 3 playing 'slow the ball down'. I don' think Curry was ready for the up tempo and he was not driving the lane for lay ups the way he use to before the injury.

I love myself some Curry, but he is not a good passer and turns the ball over too much as he did in game 3, which allowed the Pelicans to take it to the basket for an easy score. I don't care who the player is--whether it's Durant, LeBron, Kobe. You don't bring that player back when your team is on a roll, winning consistently.

GSW just struggled with their shot and got out of rhythm, while the Pelicans got hot. The Warriors should still take the series.

People should stop expecting the Warriors to sweep every series.

28 minutes ago, Odin said:

GSW just struggled with their shot and got out of rhythm, while the Pelicans got hot. The Warriors should still take the series.

People should stop expecting the Warriors to sweep every series.

You say this, but a lot can happen within the next 3 games to change the momentum. I hope you are right that the Warriors should still take the series.

I agree with O that Dramon has had his share of turnovers and needs to calm down.