Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

And the Warriors didn’t rush Curry back. He’s got a significant amount of rust to knock off before the Houston matchup. He missed 5 weeks of ball and reintegrating a player of his caliber in to a lineup is hard. I’m actually amazed how well he played in game 2, not because of injury but because of rust.

• Like 1

I think Curry should have played but he shouldn't have started.  

2 hours ago, ~O~ said:

I think Curry should have played but he shouldn't have started.  

dudes not LeBron, you can't expect the world of him

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

dudes not LeBron, you can't expect the world of him

Who said Curry is LeBron? My point about rushing him back has nothing to do with rust. At the beginning of the playoffs, the team was playing well without him. Sure, Curry, before his injury was much needed for his scoring. After he went down to injury, the team struggled to find a groove. In the post season they finally figured it out--how to make it work without Curry. There was a lot of ball movement to find the open man. Role players were making contributions. So when Curry returned, they had to restructure everything.

The role players who  were contributing before Curry's return became an after thought. It messed up the chemistry they had going for them.

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Who said Curry is LeBron? My point about rushing him back has nothing to do with rust. At the beginning of the playoffs, the team was playing well without him. Sure, Curry, before his injury was much needed for his scoring. After he went down to injury, the team struggled to find a groove. In the post season they finally figured it out--how to make it work without Curry. There was a lot of ball movement to find the open man. Role players were making contributions. So when Curry returned, they had to restructure everything.

The role players who  were contributing before Curry's return became an after thought. It messed up the chemistry they had going for them.

What a conundrum to have to restructure around Curry! Surely he can’t match the production of those role players. It will certainly be an uphill battle as you mentioned, but I think that if they can figure out to how reincorporate their league MVP who has carried them to 2 championships, they’ll have a decent shot to be pretty good. 

I just don’t know how they’ll do it! I’m with you! 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I think you're wrong here. Golden State is fine. Curry played fine. They just aren't all that desperate to win every single game. You need to give Curry minutes so that when they face a team that can actually beat them he's at his best. 

4 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

So... just to be clear, your argument here is that the Warriors are better without Stephen Curry?

5 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

So... just to be clear, your argument here is that the Warriors are better without Stephen Curry?

Curry's defense was terrible but he wasn't the main problem.

Draymond Green's turnovers are the main problem for Golden State.  At times, Draymond gets far too anxious to score on the opponent after the opponent just scored.

After he anxiously rushes the inbounds he'll do one of the following:

- Toss the ball upcourt from the backcourt almost immediately after the inbound which ends up in an immediate turnover after about two seconds of possession.  Another score or possession for the opponent.  Points of turnovers...

- He'll anxiously push the ball up court and pass either outside or inside the three point line which results in a turnover.  Possession or points off turnovers for the opponent.  

- Draymond sometimes believes he has a pass inside to the post but...recklessly..turns the ball over.  

They need Draymond to CALM THE ***** DOWN.  His anxiety shows in his play and I'm not talking about this playoffs season only but the entire season.  This is how his turnovers usually went.