Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

You have to be good enough to blow out a Lebanon ***** teams so officiating doesn't effect you in the crunch moments.  In that regard, the Pacers have underachieved and underachieved this series. Oladipo, for the most part has lost me.  Great regular season player but not good enough yet to compete on the stage.  The Pacers could have swept if their players collectively showed up to make at least 45% on shooting their shots.  

Utah blew that game real hard.  West brook would not go gentle.  

Minnesota needs a new coach.  I feel that any Thibs team will be stuck in purgatory.  This team looks just like the chicago bulls.  A great defensive team with no offensive identity.  That's the peak of the thibs team.  That's...why hes a great assistant rather than coach.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jec said:

Reality check night for Oladipo

Yeah, he's got to learn to handle the double-teams and defensive schemes designed specifically to stop him. He's a great regular season player, but he needs a couple more years of this before he's ready to dominate playoff time. I still believe he'll get there.

And that last layup blocked did look like a goaltend to me.

Takeaways from thunder jazz 

- just watching the games, Westbrook is my type of player. Not effective shooting wise, butl a fiery guy full of confidence and intensity who can will a team to win by himself

- hindsight is awful, but had presti paid up for harden, we would be looking at 3/4 rings for okc (only possibility of losing was to the stacked heat team).  3 of the 5 best players in the league in their prime would have been extremely difficult to stop

- Mitchell is a baller

- gobert did not contest or jump when facing Westbrook in the last frame. Maybe scared about fouling out but still had him on sight and just let him hit jump shot after jump shot without doing anything that resembled a defense 

- melo had great court tickets tonight to see the show from inside

just as Westbrook can solely win you the game, he can also take you out of it. He's a double-edged sword. The team has no identity outside of him. I don't see them forcing a game 7. 

Oladipo has been pooping his pants for the past 3 or 4 games. Absolutely awful and still wants to be the hero

--

The Jazz-Thunder game was great. I felt like the Jazz built a deceitful lead on the back of Jae Crowder's unbelievable shooting and some Ingles 3s as well. The Thunder were defending the inside of the arch very well, including that stretch and only allowed 3 pt attempts. The defense continued and during that run by the Thunder, the Jazz couldn't buy a bucket to save their lives.

Paul George had some amazing "hero ball" shots to start the run and then Westbrook went out of his mind.

I think Basketball is tricky and really fun because you need the ball movement and great sets, but you also need the hero ball when you can't get a bucket otherwise. This Jazz-Thunder series is great and both teams would be better if they got a little bit of what the other team has.

Mitchell is a good go-to-guy but he doesn't have the athleticism of George or Westbrook