Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

I remember after KAT's rookie year, I read people saying that he was already better than Anthony Davis. I think that idea has been clearly debunked so far these playoffs.

9 minutes ago, Odin said:

I remember after KAT's rookie year, I read people saying that he was already better than Anthony Davis. I think that idea has been clearly debunked so far these playoffs.

Totally. Nba execs are just as fickle as fans

32 minutes ago, Odin said:

He was considered a "once in a decade player" by many here. I wonder if they still believe that. 

Just now, TheNameIsOrlando said:

He was considered a "once in a decade player" by many here. I wonder if they still believe that. 

How much is him and how much is coaching?

He's a 22 year old center that had a 56 and 15 game with 6 threes and 4 assists 23 days ago. 

Don't be a prisoner of the moment. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

How much is him and how much is coaching?

He's a 22 year old center that had a 56 and 15 game with 6 threes and 4 assists 23 days ago. 

Don't be a prisoner of the moment. 

I just don't think he will ever be as good as Davis, as Davis is elite on both ends, while KAT is only elite on one end. That isn't to say that he is being utilized correctly, because he obviously should be getting more touches. But to be a truly elite big man, I think he needs to get past being mediocre on defense.

If I'm Portland I don't trade Lillard or McCollum. I trade Leonard and harkless using their first rounder and Zach Collins and stretch Evan Turner 

Then I make a run at Cousins or Jabari and randle. 

6 minutes ago, Odin said:

I just don't think he will ever be as good as Davis, as Davis is elite on both ends, while KAT is only elite on one end. That isn't to say that he is being utilized correctly, because he obviously should be getting more touches. But to be a truly elite big man, I think he needs to get past being mediocre on defense.

Oh yeah. He's not Davis. That was dumb and that talk had a lot to do with people being irrationally down on Davis. 

But "not as good as Davis" doesn't mean "not a franchise player"

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

OKC was happy to take the oladipo deal, but I'm not even sure the Blazers would take that Gordon deal. He has tons of potential but still has a long way to go

Yeah but you're still just trading one problem for another. Cool we have a 27 year old McCollum to pair with two 20 year olds who aren't ready and no cohesive roster. Now you need to find another combo forward to help highlight Isaac's switchability and growth time for Isaac and 2018 pick. You end up with a three year window for a team that's two years away from showing its potential. Not a smart bet. 

If you trade the 2018 pick for McCollum you're at least filling the major hole in today's roster by giving us a primary scorer allowing Gordon to move to a secondary scoring role and Isaac to come along slowly as uber-aminu as there'd be no scoring responsibility for him. 

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Oh yeah. He's not Davis. That was dumb and that talk had a lot to do with people being irrationally down on Davis. 

But "not as good as Davis" doesn't mean "not a franchise player"

Of course, they just need a coach that can figure out how to actually do something with all of the talent that the Timberwolves have. I feel most coaches could barely squeak into the playoffs with that roster.

19 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If I'm Portland I don't trade Lillard or McCollum. I trade Leonard and harkless using their first rounder and Zach Collins and stretch Evan Turner 

Then I make a run at Cousins or Jabari and randle. 

But does that make them a real contender?

PG: McCollum, Augustin 

SG: Ross, Simmons 

SF: Isaac, Hezonja 

PF: Gordon, Isaac

C: Birch, Biz

That’s a pretty exciting look to me.

Just now, Soul Bro said:

But does that make them a real contender?

Does trading McCollum?

They have three options. 1.Blow up the team for draft picks. 2. Trade a pg all Star for another position all Star. 3. Mortgage their future for additional talent. 

Option 3 is going to be more palatable for them.