Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

Role models should be family members or people you can actually speak with and learn from.

Everyone has dirt of their hands and no one's perfect so having someone that can teach you about the obstacles in this world and how to overcome them is crucial. 

I appreciate LeBrons work ethic and the things he does for the community. The same thing goes for anyone else with integrity. The issue is when people's role models fall short, everyone wants to throw stones and theres no explanation to be had but there's still a lesson to be learned. 

Become a mentor.

@ShamsCharania 

Sources: Charlotte and Orlando plan to interview Jerry Stackhouse, coach of Raptors’ G League team, for their head coach openings. Stackhouse also has interview with the Knicks this week.

2 hours ago, ML6 said:

There is more sportsmanship and buddy-buddy behavior now amongst athletes than ever before.  Wouldn't someone who is old school prefer the opposite?

Also, teams don't generally shake hands after every game in a 7 game series; usually only at the conclusion.  I agree with All Eyes On Me that this critique going around is confusing.

I would say in today’s sports climate it appears to be more about building a brand.

6 hours ago, ML6 said:

If you want to ignore the fact that ****** ***** is one of the best public role models a child could have today, I don't know what to tell you.  And comparing him (let alone anyone) to Trump -- yikes.

And that's all show

11 hours ago, ML6 said:

Oh yes, you're right.  I shouldn't have judged on a message board.  What kind of person would ever judge someone on a message board?  I was definitely out of line.  I guess I'm just a douchebag and should take my ****ty legacy with me.  I certainly don't know ~O~ like he personally knows ****** *****.

Carry on ~O~.  Your profanity-laced tirades against the world's most popular and influential sports figure are undoubtedly very apt.  I mean, what has LBJ even done?  If surviving and escaping abject poverty after being raised by a single parent, all while achieving national recognition and fame as a teenager and somehow still surpassing all expectation is "hard" -- then, gosh, do people have it easy these days.  The tens/hundreds of millions of dollars he has raised/donated to charities, schools, extracurricular programs, and entrepreneurial enterprises are just meaningless too.  His recent public political stances are, quite frankly, an attack on my whiteness.  A black man using his platform to stand up and empower others in a meaningful way?  I wish he would just shut up and dribble. 

Sorry for the way I responded initially, ~O~.  And more importantly, sorry for offending you, TrueMagicFan07.  I didn't think it through earlier but now I have.  Down with ******! 

You can judge me all you want.  Feel free to do so continually because YOU HAVE THE RIGHT.  I.am.not.immune.to.criticism.  You were completely justified.  I will continue to light LeBron James up.  I'll admit this also, Jordan is completely guilty of the same promotion LeBron gets but at a different era when it was less evolved.  

Of course LeBron is the most influential person in sports.  How do you think he's masked real self?  LeBron has a team around him that put out the right type of influence and put his money in the right places to give this illusion.  He can have the final say where his money goes but you already know yourself he doesn't do this alone.  You can come from poverty all you want and still be a ****.  Hell, people in poverty can be cunts.  Who you are truly shows when no one is looking.   Everyone is always looking at LeBron James and he hasn't changed much from being the trash can and chair kicking entitled **** that he truly is.  He suppresses it when it's convenient for his brand so he can donate to charities, schools, extracurricular programs, and entrepreneurial enterprises.  Its cynical.  They won't dare let no one mess with this brand otherwise, they'll destroy them.  Kevin Durant.  Don't mess with people's money.  

I know you've all seen "American Psycho"...and its important to know these type of people have evolved.   And no I'm not saying that LeBron killed someone...but who knows....honestly......................................................lol.  Umm...frank underwood.    But to be serious, I meant character wise and to a lesser extreme.  I've met people like this who work for ABC and CBS.  

I personally don't believe in celebrities being role models.  I prefer educated people being better role models.  Unfortunately they don't have the following because people see their work as tedious and unstimulating.  Sports players, musicians, and media actors are easy to follow because they do things that are of the arts and of the physical variety.  I don't even watch tv because of it.  Instead, I like to see what type of person these people truly are.  As Rick Sanchez said in the show:  

People similar to Sam Harris, Jordan B Peterson, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Dennis Prager, Ben Shapiro, Michio Kaku, Richard Dawkins, Alan De Button, Elon Musk and satoshi nakamoto(?) should have more influence to me.  I'd even Argue that Michael Stevens (Vsauce), John and Hank Green, Derek Muller(Veritasium), CGP GREY, and Kurzgesagt's entire team are more influential.  I even spoke to a valencia professor in all advance mathematics(trigonometry, calculus, computational statistics)  and he even broke it down in statistics how tuition is slowly rising for community colleges using simple illusive tricks in mathematics to make it is gradually go up thanks to our educators dumbing our people down.  Its only an illusion that community college is cheaper but this is one in many illusions in everyday life.  More positive influence to me for telling the truth and breaking it down with mathematics.  LeBron and his is a simpler illusion to see through.  These are people who had facts that conflicted and challenged my opinionated beliefs which are subject to change because facts don't care about feelings. 

LeBron is throwing a ball through a hoop...just like STEPHEN CURRY...VICTOR OLADIPO and everyone other player does.  They haven't done even anything remotely more educational to me then the groups and individuals  I mentioned above.  That's not to infer that they all aren't educated people but they are straw men compared to who i mentioned.  A few players in our league are distinct just by the way they project themselves to me.  Oladipo and Stephen Curry are very articulate with their carefully worded responses and are very aware of what's going on but mask that to avoid conflict because they know the media won't side with them.  I can tell they are very educated.  

Because of those educators above, I don't think about "race" because there's only one race.  We're one species of animal.  One of the biggest weaknesses of humans is tribalism (race is a tribe) as I mentioned consistently in my posts.  Its why we humans are so today stuck in an irreparable social structure of our own natural creation.  I've overcome this type of damaged way of processing but not completely(lol) since I can't truly completely destroy my humanity.  I don't see LeBron as another "brown man".  I see him as another man.  Trump is just another man also.  Everyone who post here is another man (OR WOMAN!  Calm down!).  Unfortunately, this isn't consistent through the world..as once again...humans have done irreparable damage to their own social habitat.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, ~O~ said:

And that's all show

You can judge me all you want.  Feel free to do so continually because YOU HAVE THE RIGHT.  I.am.not.immune.to.criticism.  You were completely justified.  I will continue to light LeBron James up.  I'll admit this also, Jordan is completely guilty of the same promotion LeBron gets but at a different era when it was less evolved.  

Of course LeBron is the most influential person in sports.  How do you think he's masked real self?  LeBron has a team around him that put out the right type of influence and put his money in the right places to give this illusion.  He can have the final say where his money goes but you already know yourself he doesn't do this alone.  You can come from poverty all you want and still be a ****.  Hell, people in poverty can be cunts.  Who you are truly shows when no one is looking.   Everyone is always looking at LeBron James and he hasn't changed much from being the trash can and chair kicking entitled **** that he truly is.  He suppresses it when it's convenient for his brand so he can donate to charities, schools, extracurricular programs, and entrepreneurial enterprises.  Its cynical.  They won't dare let no one mess with this brand otherwise, they'll destroy them.  Kevin Durant.  Don't mess with people's money.  

I know you've all seen "American Psycho"...and its important to know these type of people have evolved.   And no I'm not saying that LeBron killed someone...but who knows....honestly......................................................lol.  Umm...frank underwood.    But to be serious, I meant character wise and to a lesser extreme.  I've met people like this who work for ABC and CBS.  

I personally don't believe in celebrities being role models.  I prefer educated people being better role models.  Unfortunately they don't have the following because people see their work as tedious and unstimulating.  Sports players, musicians, and media actors are easy to follow because they do things that are of the arts and of the physical variety.  I don't even watch tv because of it.  Instead, I like to see what type of person these people truly are.  As Rick Sanchez said in the show:  

People similar to Sam Harris, Jordan B Peterson, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Dennis Prager, Ben Shapiro, Michio Kaku, Richard Dawkins, Alan De Button, Elon Musk and satoshi nakamoto(?) should have more influence to me.  I'd even Argue that Michael Stevens (Vsauce), John and Hank Green, Derek Muller(Veritasium), CGP GREY, and Kurzgesagt's entire team are more influential.  I even spoke to a valencia professor in all advance mathematics(trigonometry, calculus, computational statistics)  and he even broke it down in statistics how tuition is slowly rising for community colleges using simple illusive tricks in mathematics to make it is gradually go up thanks to our educators dumbing our people down.  Its only an illusion that community college is cheaper but this is one in many illusions in everyday life.  More positive influence to me for telling the truth and breaking it down with mathematics.  LeBron and his is a simpler illusion to see through.  These are people who had facts that conflicted and challenged my opinionated beliefs which are subject to change because facts don't care about feelings. 

LeBron is throwing a ball through a hoop...just like STEPHEN CURRY...VICTOR OLADIPO and everyone other player does.  They haven't done even anything remotely more educational to me then the groups and individuals  I mentioned above.  That's not to infer that they all aren't educated people but they are straw men compared to who i mentioned.  A few players in our league are distinct just by the way they project themselves to me.  Oladipo and Stephen Curry are very articulate with their carefully worded responses and are very aware of what's going on but mask that to avoid conflict because they know the media won't side with them.  I can tell they are very educated.  

Because of those educators above, I don't think about "race" because there's only one race.  We're one species of animal.  One of the biggest weaknesses of humans is tribalism (race is a tribe) as I mentioned consistently in my posts.  Its why we humans are so today stuck an irreparable social structure of our own natural creation.  I've overcome this type of damaged way of processing but not completely(lol) since I can't truly completely destroy my humanity.  I don't see LeBron as another "brown man".  I see him as another man.  Trump is just another man also.  Everyone who post here is another man (OR WOMAN!  Calm down!).  Unfortunately, this isn't consistent through the world..as once again...humans have done irreparable damage to their own social habitat.  

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Da74RcTW0AA-Se9.jpg

Cool. I can see the Raptors vs the Warrior for the finals but I also see the Thunders over the Jazz and Pacers over the Cavs instead. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Da74RcTW0AA-Se9.jpg

This clearly makes sense, except the part underrating the Pacers.  Did you see Oladipo's demeanor in the post game interview?  His answer at 0:37.

The air in the room was pretty ice cold for Oladipo. Especially how he answers the question @ 2:10.  He said he was aware but did he answer the other question?  

Best answer sadly is here 5:14.  Nobody ever talked about them as contenders

EDIT this from desktop*

The Warriors were swept by the Pacers which no one magnifies or gives them credit for.  One, blowout victory after the third 2nd quarter and  another win in a close game .  T

They also beat the Cavaliers 3 to 1.  They won a close game against the Cavs for their 3rd game.  They came back in one match against the Cavs from 17 down in the second game.  They've also blown them out in one game earlier in the season.  Their success in this series will be determined by Thaddeus Young and Bojan Bogdanovic.  Even with how Bojan shot last night, they were still able to blowout cleveland.  They should have gotten to the freethrow line allot more but it's what I expected against Cleveland.    

Most of all, Lance Stephenson's demeanor was out of character.  He was not very playful or jumpy.  He looked very much focused on winning rather than challenging James.  Rather, it was the other way around.  James was casually taunting him more after successful plays while he was just ignoring conflict.  He did get him with some hard fouls but they weren't maliciously intentional.  The only time he got close to losing his cool was being fired up for a nasty dunk.  

• Like 1