Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

10 minutes ago, ML6 said:

If you want to ignore the fact that LeBron James is one of the best public role models a child could have today, I don't know what to tell you.  And comparing him (let alone anyone) to Trump -- yikes.

Oh, P-L-E-A-SE!  I would say that Steve Harvey or Tyler Perry would be more of role models for black kids. LeBron has never been homeless. Both Tyler Perry and Steve Harvey have been HOMELESS and worked their way out of it, including giving and sponsoring organizations to help young people to be successful.

You've gotta be trolling me, right?  If so you're doing a damn good job. 

Steve Harvey is a known misogynist that has been accused of sexual assault on multiple occasions. Superb role model!

A few years ago, LeBron said that he wanted to be the first billionaire athlete--not the first billionaire athlete/humanitarian.

What role model talks about making that much money. You show by example.

6 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Steve Harvey is a known misogynist that has been accused of sexual assault on multiple occasions. Superb role model!

Alleged. Careful, you could be sued for defamation.

10 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I don't look at the name of the poster. I will respond to anyone on here that I disagree with.

33 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Oh, P-L-E-A-SE!  I would say that Steve Harvey or Tyler Perry would be more of role models for black kids. LeBron has never been homeless. Both Tyler Perry and Steve Harvey have been HOMELESS and worked their way out of it, including giving and sponsoring organizations to help young people to be successful.

So you have to have been homeless to be a good role model? Got it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, billy5783 said:

So you have to have been homeless to be a good role model? Got it.

If LeBron James was not a basketball player (or played any sport), but say, , ,the male version of Oprah Winfrey. Would you be giving him this much attention and praise with talks about him being a good role model?

Let me tell you something. You see, if LeBron was not a basketball player, but was doing good things for his community or people in general, you could care less about him, especially being a role model.

6 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Let me tell you something. You see, if LeBron was not a basketball player, but was doing good things for his community or people in general, you could care less about him, especially being a role model.

But he is a basketball player...