Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Which One Play Ruined A Game Or Season For The Magic

6 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Hedo missed free throws or free throw in a critical moment also. D12 missed 2. We win the game and possibly do the unthinkable and win the lot.

I was at that game as well. MEMORIES for life but was so upset. I was in my early 20s then.

Time flies. We will make it back and win it in my lifetime i know it!

Everyone wants to point to a thing that could have changed things but the Lakers were just better.  Odom matched up with Lewis.  Pau and Bynum matched with dwight as much as anyone could at the time. Kobe was Kobe. 

25 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Everyone wants to point to a thing that could have changed things but the Lakers were just better.  Odom matched up with Lewis.  Pau and Bynum matched with dwight as much as anyone could at the time. Kobe was Kobe. 

Free throws though were a issue no denying it. But yeah i am just grateful for that squad. I thought we would do it.

8 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

I remember that one. Some said that Lee's head was too far to the side of the back board to make that catch and shoot. This happened in a different game in that final playoff series against the Lakers. Payton said "Everyone wants to point to a thing that could have changed things but the Lakers were just better." I don't agree. The Magic could have and should have won 3 of those games. The final tally was Lakers 4 games to Magic 1. We should have have been ahead 3 to 2.

4 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I remember that one. Some said that Lee's head was too far to the side of the back board to make that catch and shoot. This happened in a different game in that final playoff series against the Lakers. Payton said "Everyone wants to point to a thing that could have changed things but the Lakers were just better." I don't agree. The Magic could have and should have won 3 of those games. The final tally was Lakers 4 games to Magic 1. We should have have been ahead 3 to 2.

They beat us by 25 in game 1.

We went 1-2 in the three  middle close games.  

They were up by 18 with 4 minutes left in game 5. 

It was much closer to 4-0 than 3-2. 

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Those free throws nick Anderson missed in the last minute of game 1 are and will always be the worst in magic history!!!

The first time I felt the pain of being a sports fan. Remember watching that game in the living room with my parents as a kid.

1- Howard misses 2 ft (leading to fisher 3 on jameer’s ever horrible defense)

2- nick Anderson misses 2 ft (leading to smith 3)

3- lee missed tip on a blatant goaltending by gasol

by far the 3 most painful all time

and yes, I agree that jameer going back for the series was a bad decision as skip to my lou was great in that run along with peaches gortat and lee

3 horrible moments that caused us to be without a ring 

btw I was just 12 in 95 and remember crying after losing to hakeem and going to my room and hitting ft in a basket i had in the wall and shouting “was that so hard??”

how the tragic messed my life 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

1- Howard misses 2 ft (leading to fisher 3 on jameer’s ever horrible defense)

2- nick Anderson misses 2 ft (leading to smith 3)

3- lee missed tip on a blatant goaltending by gasol

by far the 3 most painful all time

and yes, I agree that jameer going back for the series was a bad decision as skip to my lou was great in that run along with peaches gortat and lee

3 horrible moments that caused us to be without a ring 

btw I was just 12 in 95 and remember crying after losing to hakeem and going to my room and hitting ft in a basket i had in the wall and shouting “was that so hard??”

how the tragic messed my life 

Thank you Alwaystragic. I'm happy that someone else saw and agrees with me on the bad decision to allow Jameer to play in that series of the playoffs.

Skip shot 13-45 those 4 losses against LA.

He was really good against philly but Boston, Cleveland, and LA his bad games outpaced his good ones.  Those three series he averaged 11.2 ppg on 11.7 fga and had 35.7/29.4/79.3 shooting splits.  He had a positive +/- in only 7 of the 23 games.  

His contribution that year is overrated because we were staring at starting point guard Anthony Johnson and that would have been devastating and he slapped Eddie House