Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Vogel is gone - Who should be our next coach?

Recommended Posts

?4thewin    1,515
23 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Really? What is Lowry going to say, “yeah he sucked glad he’s gone”

Look at the Vogel quotes from our team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magicman28    227
18 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Look at the Vogel quotes from our team. 

Look at the Vogel quotes from PG after he was fired from Indy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
?4thewin    1,515
Just now, Magicman28 said:

Look at the Vogel quotes from PG after he was fired from Indy.

Yeah. Vogel was a great coach 2 years ago. So was thibs. Casey might be the perfect coach to build a culture and lead us back to the playoffs or he might be a complete dud. We aren't really qualified to judge coaches like at all. Except Mark Jackson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magicman28    227
8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. Vogel was a great coach 2 years ago. So was thibs. Casey might be the perfect coach to build a culture and lead us back to the playoffs or he might be a complete dud. We aren't really qualified to judge coaches like at all. Except Mark Jackson

Except the lack of adjustment making. Seems like a common theme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
King Close    11
15 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

Mmmm... our front office was part of that franchise. They know him well and if two current assistances coaches are above Stackhouse for the coaching position that says something.  In fact, I am not sure that we have even interview him here yet. 

Yes, they were part of that organization and should know him, if they feel he’s a bad fit then great don’t hire him, but just because Toronto might not think he’s the right coach for them doesn’t mean we should think the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We aren't going to be contending for best in the east for a long time so this sounds like the kind of coach we need in the meantime to me. "History will smile on Casey’s tenure in Toronto. He helped transform a backwater franchise into a consistent winner, he helped elevate Lowry and DeRozan to heights that didn’t seem possible, and he did it with total class while facing “hot seat” talk for years."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

He wasn't fired for not being good enough. He was fired because the team peaked and needed changes. 

Aka he or his team (for whom he is responsible for) couldn't get the job done over and over and over again. 

I don't think he is bad. I have high expectations and I hope we live up to those expectations. In my opinion Casey doesn't meet those expectations specifically for the reasons I mentioned previously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
?4thewin    1,515
1 hour ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Aka he or his team (for whom he is responsible for) couldn't get the job done over and over and over again. 

I don't think he is bad. I have high expectations and I hope we live up to those expectations. In my opinion Casey doesn't meet those expectations specifically for the reasons I mentioned previously. 

That's fair. And I've pretty much taken the stance that any candidate has similar success/bust potential from our view so I can understand why me not really caring about picking Casey conflicts with others who are looking for a big swing. 

My big arbitrary choice is vanterpool. But I don't really have any idea if he's the right fit for this team. Casey or similarly high floor candidates might be better. Or they might be harmful and stifle innovation. Who the hell knows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magicman28    227
34 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

That's fair. And I've pretty much taken the stance that any candidate has similar success/bust potential from our view so I can understand why me not really caring about picking Casey conflicts with others who are looking for a big swing. 

My big arbitrary choice is vanterpool. But I don't really have any idea if he's the right fit for this team. Casey or similarly high floor candidates might be better. Or they might be harmful and stifle innovation. Who the hell knows

See, I'd be more psyched if we signed Vanterpool because you'd have to believe they brought him in because of something really substantial and specific where as with Casey it feels like, "Winning record, familiarity, blah blah." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
?4thewin    1,515
6 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

See, I'd be more psyched if we signed Vanterpool because you'd have to believe they brought him in because of something really substantial and specific where as with Casey it feels like, "Winning record, familiarity, blah blah." 

Yeah but is that anymore substantial than what we thought about Jacque Vaughn? 

Basically if Weltman says "coach x is the best guy for the job" I'm going to believe him. It's dumb but coaching, especially now, feels completely random. We used to be able to look at a guy like SVG and know he was a good coach based on resume but resume almost hurts you now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×