Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Clifford the big magic coach

42 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Being an old fart in some peoples eyes. I can understand the concerns about his age. But there is no substitute for experience. And he has worked with young guys, of which we have plenty, most of his career. And he has worked with a lot of players in the league  

I am hopeful if he is chosen, that he is able to teach our guys better basketball fundamentals. And can motivate them to never give up even when the losses build. Something our previous coaches have failed miserably at.  

Good post 

2 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I will be happy with any coach that holds everyone equally accountable, benches players that are not playing D, and doesn't sub in entire squads at a time.

I could coach your team :)

7 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I dunno. If you told me dude definitely has 5 years in him with no health problems and no slowing down on those West coast road trips. Full energy. I'm fine with it. 

But I recently flew to Phoenix, spent a couple well rested days in mild altitude, went to sleep at 3:30 East coast time, woke up 6 hours later, flew home. It ruined me for 48 hours. Couldn't imagine dealing with those West coast trips at 63. 

Maybe there is an actual plan in place.  Maybe he has guaranteed them at least 5 years. He will also bring along "insert name here" who he'd groom to be the next guy. That guy would get hefty consideration one Sampson decides he's too old. 

Ok just maybe we aren't the same clueless Magic and are laying a foundation. 

16 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

spent the evening getting my hopes up

SPLENDID!

great job!

Thanks man :) Now let's hope Weltman and Hammond do their part

26 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Thanks man :) Now let's hope Weltman and Hammond do their part

usually I spend a ton of time on our players skills, projections, and growth, but instead I find myself doing that with our front office. odd

There seems to be no urgency to fill our coaching vacancy. I just read that we have a huge contingency at the NBA Combine. Interesting stuff.

this coaching search is brutal. Makes you think if they really are waiting for Nurse, maybe? 

I was starting to feel really good about Sampson, but now wonder if he'll take on assistant role for a potential new HC?