Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Clifford the big magic coach

18 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

there's always a chance the guys we want haven't agreed to be interviewed :)

but on the other hand

"Hold me closer Kelvin Sammmmmmpson!"

"Get me discounts at the deeennnys"

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Sampson is a great coach and did not destroy Indiana they were 22-4 when he was let go. Pop hired him as a consultant right after that. Then had six years as an assistant in nba. He improved every team he went to. Coached national teams numerous times. Well respected. 

Being an old fart in some peoples eyes. I can understand the concerns about his age. But there is no substitute for experience. And he has worked with young guys, of which we have plenty, most of his career. And he has worked with a lot of players in the league  

I am hopeful if he is chosen, that he is able to teach our guys better basketball fundamentals. And can motivate them to never give up even when the losses build. Something our previous coaches have failed miserably at.  

15 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Since some of you do not want Sampson, I guess you all want Mark Jackson instead 

This... makes no sense.

16 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Since some of you do not want Sampson, I guess you all want Mark Jackson instead 

That's a false choice

I dunno. If you told me dude definitely has 5 years in him with no health problems and no slowing down on those West coast road trips. Full energy. I'm fine with it. 

But I recently flew to Phoenix, spent a couple well rested days in mild altitude, went to sleep at 3:30 East coast time, woke up 6 hours later, flew home. It ruined me for 48 hours. Couldn't imagine dealing with those West coast trips at 63. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

I dunno. If you told me dude definitely has 5 years in him with no health problems and no slowing down on those West coast road trips. Full energy. I'm fine with it. 

But I recently flew to Phoenix, spent a couple well rested days in mild altitude, went to sleep at 3:30 East coast time, woke up 6 hours later, flew home. It ruined me for 48 hours. Couldn't imagine dealing with those West coast trips at 63. 

Sometimes I get nauseous just by stepping outside and facing the sun for a little while

Maybe Sampson is going to be our McHale or Jackson (minus the crazyness) The guy we hire to right the culture and lead us back to the playoffs even if we know there are limitations that mean he won't be around for much after that.

15 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Sometimes I get nauseous just by stepping outside and facing the sun for a little while

lol GET OFF THE BOARDS MAURO!!!