Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Clifford the big magic coach

Coaching is so much more than x's and o's. I like to try and judge my coaches on their relationships with players and their ability to get players to play above themselves. This talent helps eliveiate any variable that comes along with a flawed roster. 

Casey sitting (rightfully so) Derozan just bothers me because him and his staff failed to motivate him. Derozan obviously shares some blame but it again it comes down to getting players to play above themselves. As they say to "buy in". 

15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah but is that anymore substantial than what we thought about Jacque Vaughn? 

Basically if Weltman says "coach x is the best guy for the job" I'm going to believe him. It's dumb but coaching, especially now, feels completely random. We used to be able to look at a guy like SVG and know he was a good coach based on resume but resume almost hurts you now. 

JV didn't have a huge role though on top of being inexperienced. He basically was in charge of coffee distribution.

• Downvote 2

I'd be all for Casey, but I don't think he comes here. If we win the lottery that could change though. But as is, whoever we hire is a coach set up to fail, for someone like Casey he'd be better off taking a year off and talking to teams next year then take a bad job on a rebuilding team.

18 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

JV didn't have a huge role though on top of being inexperienced. He basically was in charge of coffee distribution.

He was our head coach with all of the responsibility that entails.

• Upvote 1

Not seeing much Bud love around here, what are everyone’s thoughts on him, even though the favorites are supposedly Toronto, and Milwaukee. 

13 hours ago, Miller4Prez66 said:

I'd be all for Casey, but I don't think he comes here. If we win the lottery that could change though. But as is, whoever we hire is a coach set up to fail, for someone like Casey he'd be better off taking a year off and talking to teams next year then take a bad job on a rebuilding team.

he could also just retire he's 61

Lloyd Pierce got hired pretty quickly and I don't remember him being on anyone's radar, at least publicly. The Hawks are probably equal to us in terms of attractive coaching gigs. 

We are way more attractive than Atlanta. Our new management are HIGHLY HIGHLY regarded in the NBA. Let alone Florida and the Perks. Everything is gonna be more than alright soon.

Just now, Jay Magic said:

We are way more attractive than Atlanta. Our new management are HIGHLY HIGHLY regarded in the NBA. Let alone the Florida and the Perks. Everything is gonna be more than alright soon.

but what about the roller skating in the ATL!?!?!? underrated if you ask me

Just now, Magicfan1987 said:

but what about the roller skating in the ATL!?!?!? underrated if you ask me

I wouldn't know about that.. all jokes aside. Orlando is a top draw franchise historically