Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Clifford the big magic coach

16 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

This feels like a "there's a good chance this will happen so we're just going to throw this out there to get the internet points" situation

This could not happen fast enough for my liking! 

Why are we happy with "could do worse". Casey was just fired for not being good enough with far more talent why would we want him here?!

Hit a homerun not a *****ing single!

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Why are we happy with "could do worse". Casey was just fired for not being good enough with far more talent why would we want him here?!

He just coached a team that was the best in the east during the regular season. He was named "coach of the year" by his peers.  Of course we can do worse, the question is can we do better?

25 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

because he is still a good coach. Just because he lost to one of the GOAT doesn't negate his accomplishments in Toronto, which include three straight 50 win seasons. If we hire Casey I think it would be a "homerun" as no other coach currently available has that kind of resume. 

Which coach do you consider a "homerun?"

51 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

He just coached a team that was the best in the east during the regular season. He was named "coach of the year" by his peers.  Of course we can do worse, the question is can we do better?

44 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

because he is still a good coach. Just because he lost to one of the GOAT doesn't negate his accomplishments in Toronto, which include three straight 50 win seasons. If we hire Casey I think it would be a "homerun" as no other coach currently available has that kind of resume. 

Which coach do you consider a "homerun?"

The best team in the east only to land in the same spot he and his team has for the last several years. It's not that he lost it's how he lost. His team quit and he couldn't motivate his best player to play well enough to finish a *****ing game. Come on! He isn't even the one credited with his team's improvement this year. I've never said he wasn't a "good" coach. I don't want a good coach. I want a great coach! If we have to take a chance to find that guy then you damn well better do it! 

Coaching is no different than the draft or FA. If you have a team missing one piece you grab a solid FA to sure up the rotation. If you are in no mans land you grab the guy with the best chance at becoming great. Guess what? We are in no mans land. Why pass up a guy who may be great for a retread that has failed over and over again and when he has his best season he isn't even credited for it?! I'm not a fan of any of the Toronto staff but I'd much rather hire Nurse than Casey. At least with Nurse we are attempting to hit it out the park. Casey is a bunt with the bases loaded to ensure a run scored. 

All of this losing has gotten to you guys. We shouldn't accept anything but the greatest or at least what we believe has the chance to be the greatest. We know what Casey is. A solid coach who can't finish the job. Yea I'll pass! 

Also Coach of the Year doesn't mean **** just like the rest of the awards. Stevens, Pop, and D'antoni were just as deserving.

4 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

He wasn't fired for not being good enough. He was fired because the team peaked and needed changes. 

Coach of the year is a bit of a joke when 8 coaches received votes and none of them were Brad Stevens