Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Clifford the big magic coach

35 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

To get the players excited about playing for him and each other. 

We need that desperately from whoever we decide to go with.

22 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

As much I love Stanley, I do not want him back, not a lot of coaches do well in their 2nd stint like Brian Hill and I doubt Magic will ever bring him back, it is time to move on from Gundy 

48 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

As much I love Stanley, I do not want him back, not a lot of coaches do well in their 2nd stint like Brian Hill and I doubt Magic will ever bring him back, it is time to move on from Gundy 

I do like SVG, but I'm not sure how amenable he would be to going back to a coaching only position, after being coach and president of basketball operations; also, not sure about the SVG/Martins relationship. I don't see it happening. 

54 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I do like SVG, but I'm not sure how amenable he would be to going back to a coaching only position, after being coach and president of basketball operations; also, not sure about the SVG/Martins relationship. I don't see it happening. 

The Pistons giving him President of basketball operations is a big mistake, Stanley should have only kept the head coach position and let someone else have President of basketball operations position 

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Perhaps ownership will go to Brian Hill one more time? Lol

Better not go down that road.

I agree with the majority, new blood but with aggressive accountability. Our young team need a strong leader.

I don't follow the NCAA so I don't know about coaches there, but if I look at the NBA, the change of the style and pace of the game, and I choose the teams that have an adaptable style with continued success, I would go down the assistant route. I think that assistants of either Kerr, Popovich, Stevens or Spoelstra would be the best suited.

7 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

Better not go down that road.

I agree with the majority, new blood but with aggressive accountability. Our young team need a strong leader.

I don't follow the NCAA so I don't know about coaches there, but if I look at the NBA, the change of the style and pace of the game, and I choose the teams that have an adaptable style with continued success, I would go down the assistant route. I think that assistants of either Kerr, Popovich, Stevens or Spoelstra would be the best suited.

Jacque Vaughn was an assistant with the Spurs and he was a disaster with our Magic, do you really want to go through this route again?

Jacque Vaughn was hired by a 30 year old GM under Alex Martins and handed 20 year olds and vet retreads.

Just because he failed doesn't mean all other first time coaches will fail.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tank Vogel said:

Jacque Vaughn was hired by a 30 year old GM under Alex Martins and handed 20 year olds and vet retreads.

Just because he failed doesn't mean all other first time coaches will fail.

What a disaster that was. That FO was ran in a very amateurish fashion -- supposedly WeltHam have had alot just internal things. 

I want Stan back! He was real, unfiltered and didn’t play politics; how refreshing. It may be a possibility, he has a house here and two kids going to local college. I’m not sure of the relationship with Martins though. Oh, and he will get in the player’s face if they are slacking. I didn’t like the Griffin trade, the owner probably thought an Allstar would sell more tickets, but you need to know when to move on from that like the Clippers did. His personality and injury history was my concern.