Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Clifford the big magic coach

Just now, HeHateMe said:

No, Monk is absolutely awful. I don’t think people sayin anything positive about Monk followed him at all last year. 

His defense may have still been awful (don’t know cause I didn’t watch) but I recall him finishing the year well offensively.

11 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

What if we could of had Malik Monk and Trae Young back court???????

I'd rather have Young & Isaac.....by far.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

No, Monk is absolutely awful. I don’t think people sayin anything positive about Monk followed him at all last year. 

I don't believe Malik Monk is awful. I think part of his problem in Charlotte was his usage. Clifford never really gave him much of an opportunity because they had Batum starting at SG and Lamb coming off the bench at SG. It didn't really allow for consistent minutes. I can totally understand why Charlotte drafted him after he fell to 11, but he did face an uphill battle for playing time. Next season might see him struggle again for consistent minutes unless Charlotte's new front office decide to blow up that roster and start a rebuild around their main young talent. With that said, I think Monk can still be a good player at the next level, perhaps not an all star, but there's no reason why he can't hit a similar level to Monta Ellis. 

Looking at his stat line .342% from beyond is the arc is not great but with work and more consistent usage there is no reason why Monk can't boost that stat because he can shoot. His other stats like 6.7 points per game, 1.4 assists and 1 total rebound aren't terrible considering he averaged less than 14 minutes per game and was not a go to option for them off the bench.

If you look at his per-36 stat line, which some people like and others dislike, his averages would have been 17.7 points per game, 3.8 assists and 2.8 total rebounds. For a rookie they aren't terrible projections or unrealistic stats for him to reach next season under the right coach. 

So while I do agree with you that he didn't have a good rookie season, it wasn't as bad as people made out. Now had he started games and played 20+ minutes and put up the stats he did, fair enough criticize him, but considering his limited and inconsistent role it is a tad harsh to describe him as awful. 

19 hours ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I remember Evan said Stackhouse is going to be our new head coach, well, he looks stupid now and he should shut his mouth

Players can’t speculate? Just because he’s a player doesn’t mean he knows anything about the management decisions, if his guess makes him look stupid then so does   Yours. 

3 minutes ago, King Close said:

Players can’t speculate? Just because he’s a player doesn’t mean he knows anything about the management decisions, if his guess makes him look stupid then so does   Yours. 

4 minutes ago, King Close said:
  19 hours ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I remember Evan said Stackhouse is going to be our new head coach, well, he looks stupid now and he should shut his mouth

Maybe, he is expecting to be traded to Toronto. 

Just now, magicdoc1 said:

Maybe, he is expecting to be traded to Toronto. 

Where’d you see that at? A bit out of the loop, been busy. 

1 hour ago, King Close said:

Where’d you see that at? A bit out of the loop, been busy. 

It was just a joke. Like you said, players also speculate and sometimes they have no base on the statements. Unfortunately, Social media has become a new source.

• Upvote 1