Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Clifford the big magic coach

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

I think we wanted nurse and that's why we waited but didn't expect Casey to get fired and it screwed up our plan. Couldn't keep waiting for Toronto to figure things out. 

If Raptors do not end up hiring Nurse then Magic screwed up big time 

38 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

I don't know how to feel about the hire. I don't think he's a bad coach just not sure how far he can take us

Hopefully top 3 in the lottery next 2 years 

• Upvote 1

It’s an underwhelming hire, I give it a 3/10. 

Clifford underperformed these last two years. He was given a vet team with good players and still couldn’t get them to make the playoffs in a weak conference. After all these years of losing and directionless basketball this team chose the most plain, unimaginative, and uninspiring head coach they could find. This team had a chance to make a statement with their hire, a new, fresh voice to breathe life back into this franchise and they chose...drum roll please...Steve Clifford. 

I’d rather have Mike Brown. At least you can hope he learned something under Kerr/Warriors these last two years and bring some of that culture with him. With Clifford we get nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

I’d rather have Mike Brown. At least you can hope he learned something under Kerr/Warriors these last two years and bring some of that culture with him. With Clifford we get nothing. 

Ownership is in full rebuild mode. We are going to do Philly style. Playoffs will come in 4 years.

I've just been waiting to get just the tiniest bit excited about this team again and then this. Pretty underwhelming.

I think we should give Clifford the benefit of the doubt. First of all, he was out part of the year with health issues. They really don’t have a lot of talent. Kamba was their best player - Batum was next and had an off year, Dwight hasn’t had a steady impact since the Magic and with the league changing he is becoming obsolete, Gilcrest is a defense guy and who is Marvin Williams? The next best depth was Lamb;  he’s an underachiever and then it flattens out; not much depth for injuries. - Monk has potential as a Rookie, their on our level with a really good Point Guard.