Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Clifford the big magic coach

On 5/28/2018 at 11:03 AM, TrueBlueDrew said:

Odds of the Magic hiring a coach before June?

So, I guess thats around 100%.

I’m not overly impressed but I’m not upset either. Before Clifford, Charlotte was doing a lot of what we are, floating with no real direction. I think he gives us a direction and a culture for the future. I don’t think he’s our coach for the next 10 years, but maybe he’s the right guy for right now under this managment. 

My real question, not knowing Clifford too well, is, is this a step up from Vogel really? 

Just now, TrueBlueDrew said:

So, I guess thats around 100%.

I’m not overly impressed but I’m not upset either. Before Clifford, Charlotte was doing a lot of what we are, floating with no real direction. I think he gives us a direction and a culture for the future. I don’t think he’s our coach for the next 10 years, but maybe he’s the right guy for right now under this managment. 

My real question, not knowing Clifford too well, is, is this a step up from Vogel really? 

It might be, it might not be. Depends on how much he learned from his time in Charlotte. If we play like Charlotte it's going to suck. If he adapts to our roster, great. 

It's a solid B hire that could be great or terrible in the long run. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

It might be, it might not be. Depends on how much he learned from his time in Charlotte. If we play like Charlotte it's going to suck. If he adapts to our roster, great. 

It's a solid B hire that could be great or terrible in the long run. 

He’s also younger than I gave him credit for. I was thinking he was in his low 60s, he just turned 56. So hopefully this can be a good combination of experience who still has some energy in the tank. I’m hopeful but also cautious. 

8 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

He’s also younger than I gave him credit for. I was thinking he was in his low 60s, he just turned 56. So hopefully this can be a good combination of experience who still has some energy in the tank. I’m hopeful but also cautious. 

Yup.

It's a safe choice that should provide stability.