Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Clifford the big magic coach

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

when I married my wife in '14 I promised her we've been good before, and that then she would understand the excitement behind my fanhood but that still hasn't happened lol we've all been patient

I started dating my girl in November of 2012. I’m not entirely convinced she’s to blame for the forever rebuild, but the timeline does add up.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ML6    228
56 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I started dating my girl in November of 2012. I’m not entirely convinced she’s to blame for the forever rebuild, but the timeline does add up.

June 2012 for me. I can’t count the number of times I’ve been to a game with her and have said “you’ll like playoff games more, the crowd will actually care”. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magicfan1987    186
12 minutes ago, ML6 said:

June 2012 for me. I can’t count the number of times I’ve been to a game with her and have said “you’ll like playoff games more, the crowd will actually care”. 

ouch!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ML6 said:

June 2012 for me. I can’t count the number of times I’ve been to a game with her and have said “you’ll like playoff games more, the crowd will actually care”. 

My girl watches Stuff more than the game. She loves that damn dragon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
?4thewin    1,616
4 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

My girl watches Stuff more than the game. She loves that damn dragon.

Yep. Stuff is treasured. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MagicFan1234    33
18 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

My girl watches Stuff more than the game. She loves that damn dragon.

I am surprised she did not dump you for the dragon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

when I married my wife in '14 I promised her we've been good before, and that then she would understand the excitement behind my fanhood but that still hasn't happened lol we've all been patient

Been with my wife since 06. She's a Lakers fan. That 09 championship run was painful. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrueBlueDrew    23
On 5/24/2018 at 1:35 PM, ML6 said:

In other words, no reason at all.

Yeah, I think that argument is predicated on the immediate failure of Vanterpool/Nurse/Clifford/whoever. I don't see that happening. 

I really think our next guy we hire is going to be here for 5+ years. Stackhouse gets NBA experience and possibly a head coaching gig somewhere else in a few years. But he's doing a great job in the G-League and players are relating to him. I think it would be smart for the Magic to go after a guy who you feel solid about being your head-coach, but then go after a solid-assistant who could be a head-coach one day and just needs the experience on that staff. You don't really lose anything if it doesn't work out, it's just an assistant. But if it does work out, you have an NBA coach in the waiting pouring into a rebuilding roster (something he may have to do depending on what job opportunities he has). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soul Bro    545
10 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

when I married my wife in '14 I promised her we've been good before, and that then she would understand the excitement behind my fanhood but that still hasn't happened lol we've all been patient

The wife and I’ve been married since ‘98. She thinks I’m masochistic for being a Magic fan. I keep telling her that our time is coming ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magicfan1987    186
2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

The wife and I’ve been married since ‘98. She thinks I’m masochistic for being a Magic fan. I keep telling her that our time is coming ;)

IT IS!!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magicfan1987    186
9 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Been with my wife since 06. She's a Lakers fan. That 09 championship run was painful. 

I worked at Wal-Mart that run and had to work every night a finals game was on. 

corporate retail stole my fan heart in '09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

The wife and I’ve been married since ‘98. She thinks I’m masochistic for being a Magic fan. I keep telling her that our time is coming ;)

We are masochists 

if not it would be impossible to root for a team who has been heart broken as many times as us and that probably has 3 of the 5 worst managerial decisions ever 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×