Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Clifford the big magic coach

I think I'd be ok with Casey. It's not new and exciting and it's a similar situation to the Vogel one but he coached a 59 win team this past season and seemed to do well in developing Derozan since he got there. He has experience with going through a rebuild in Toronto and he got some decent production out of Biyombo.

• Like 1

I’m only 15 minutes into Lowe’s podcast that just dropped, but both Lowe and Thorpe don’t find the firing surprising.

Thorpe says he could tell players were looking at Casey during Game 1 vs Cavs and and perceived him to be panicking (seems like a lot of subjectivity to that opinion). Indicated Casey does not manage the game or make adjustments well enough. 

Lowe says during Game 2, Toronto failed to make an adjustment on 4 or 5 consecutive Kevin Love post-ups defended by CJ Miles and he wrote in his notebook “this is going to get Dwane fired”. 

Doesn’t really boost my confidence.

4 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I’m only 15 minutes into Lowe’s podcast that just dropped, but both Lowe and Thorpe don’t find the firing surprising.

Thorpe says he could tell players were looking at Casey during Game 1 vs Cavs and and perceived him to be panicking (seems like a lot of subjectivity to that opinion). Indicated Casey does not manage the game or make adjustments well enough. 

Lowe says during Game 2, Toronto failed to make an adjustment on 4 or 5 consecutive Kevin Love post-ups defended by CJ Miles and he wrote in his notebook “this is going to get Dwane fired”. 

Doesn’t really boost my confidence.

Yeah. 

Like he might be a fine choice but it's not really something to be excited about. Maybe we'll get nurse with Casey as his lead assistant for a year allowing him to scope out openings next year

19 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. 

Like he might be a fine choice but it's not really something to be excited about. Maybe we'll get nurse with Casey as his lead assistant for a year allowing him to scope out openings next year

your ego is not your amigo, wonder how Casey's would be in that situation

19 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. 

If Nurse is coming with Casey then I hope Nurse will be the head coach and Casey as the lead assistant 

2 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Why the Nurse love around here

https://sports.yahoo.com/set-sidelines-nba-executives-weigh-next-generation-head-coaches-165549990.html

Nurse, 50, is well-traveled: He was a player-coach in the British Basketball League in his early 20s, moved to the D-League in 2007 — where he became the first head coach in league history to lead two different teams to championships — before joining Dwane Casey’s staff in Toronto in 2013.

A respected offensive mind, Nurse is credited with leading the overhaul of Toronto’s offense this season, which has seen the Raptors evolve from an isolation-heavy, 3-point averse offense into a free-flowing one that fires up the third-most threes per game (32.9) in the NBA.

17 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Really don't want to become Toronto part deux.

Toronto redux would be nice over the next couple years to give the young players minutes in actual meaningful games and rehab the team image for free agents over a couple years. 

15 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Really don't want to become Toronto part deux.

Well, Magic hired Weltman from Toronto and will most likely will hire Nurse or Casey from Toronto, being Toronto part deux is not a bad thing, do you rather be the Suns part deux instead?