Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Clifford the big magic coach

I think we just need to offer a nice ownership stake in Disney to Kerr and hire him to teach our guys to shoot, pass and play defense.

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I think we just need to offer a nice ownership stake in Disney to Kerr and hire him to teach our guys to shoot, pass and play defense.

the Disney patch is worth $1 million a year.

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

We should be hiring a coach in the next 6 hours as I'm boarding a flight soon

Don't they have WiFi on a lot of planes now? (Or is the extra cost not worth it?)

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I still believe most of the failure of this team lies at the feet of those who built the roster, not those who coached it. Trusting a core of Payton, Fournier and Vooch was a big mistake on multiple levels, as all have fatal levels and triggered us trading better players. No matter who we hire, the roster still needs to be cleaned up and reset. Thus, I think our expectations for the new coach need to be measured.

100% this

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

OR we could start drafting, signing, and trading for guys the can ALREADY shoot, pass, and play defense. Let's get some NBA caliber guys on our team instead of guys we hope, wish, and pray can learn how to shoot, pass, and play defense!

1 hour ago, jjgator said:

Don't they have WiFi on a lot of planes now? (Or is the extra cost not worth it?)

It's like $15 and pretty often it doesn't work

With Stackhouse not being considered, if rumor is true, that makes the process even more interesting without a known favorite out there. Still hoping for Nurse.

Is that guy reputable? Seems like an oddly strong way to report it. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Well this is new

That is one issue I have with the interview process in any line of work. I've been on both ends of it as the interviewed and the interviewer. Sometimes you'll get a really confident and enthusiastic person with an infectious personality that can sell themselves in an interview, but put them in the job and they don't always end up being the best person for the job. Sometimes you need to look past the interview and look at a candidates track record and what they bring to the table.

If the person ticks the boxes but doesn't wow you in the interview, don't discount them based on a lackluster interview because maybe their strength isn't selling themselves in an interview, but put them on the practise court and they'll develop players, and put them on the sidelines and they'll get a team winning. At the end of the day if a candidate fits what you want and has a good track record, I wouldn't discount them on an interview because sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture to get the right person for the job. 

• Upvote 1