Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Clifford the big magic coach

8 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Yup, Stanley has the most wins out of all Magic head coaches and as much I would love to bring him back, it is not going to happen and I doubt he will do well in his 2nd stint, look at Brian Hill...

Meh. BHill's second stint was a publicity stunt. He was an ok coach but not on Stans level.

I wish we would at least interview him.

4 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Is that really saying much?  If we had picked emeka, what would his record look like?

Absolutely.

Dwight was an star but Stan had an entire roster that on paper wasn't suppose to do what they did.

Its worth noting Dwight hasn't been the same since Stan.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Absolutely.

Dwight was an star but Stan had an entire roster that on paper wasn't suppose to do what they did.

Its worth noting Dwight hasn't been the same since Stan.

Dwight hasn’t been the same not because of Stan. Back problems and baby mamas problems and a weak attitude has hurt him more.  

8 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Dwight hasn’t been the same not because of Stan. Back problems and baby mamas problems and a weak attitude has hurt him more.  

Of course those all are variables but Howard's development as a player is something SVG should get some props for. 

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

Best damn coach we've ever had.

I'd be all for bringing him back.

It'd be worth it just for his postgame press conferences. Might as well be entertained by something about this team.

1 minute ago, jjgator said:

It'd be worth it just for his postgame press conferences. Might as well be entertained by something about this team.

Lol and the starting lineup intros.

I don't think he'd ever come back though. I think he felt pretty slighted when he was let go. Plus, we don't have much of a roster or roster flexibility.

• Like 1

Pretty sure SVG is on record as saying the Pistons job would be his last coaching gig. Agreement with his wife if I recall. Doesn’t mean it’s set in stone but we all know he’s a pretty honest guy.

I like Stan and will bot be opposed to give him another shot but the timing is not good. We need a different style of coach. If Current Detroit roster ws not goos enough for Stan what makes you think he will do better with our current roster. It will drive him crazy!! 

He will be good for the Bucks or Toronto. I just dont see him coaching again anytime soon. I see him more as a commentator.