Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Clifford the big magic coach

16 hours ago, ML6 said:

What evidence is there that the players aren’t being reached? Is every coaching staff that doesn’t win the championship incapable of reaching their players by this logic?

Coaching can’t overcome all weaknesses. At some point you’ve gotta look at the flaws of the players. 

It’s obviously a combination of the players and coaches. That staff still hasn’t maximized it’s talent. Forgive me for wanting a guy with abilities of all time greats. I want the best of the best. The Toronto staff has shown too many flaws.

4 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

It’s obviously a combination of the players and coaches. That staff still hasn’t maximized it’s talent. Forgive me for wanting a guy with abilities of all time greats. I want the best of the best. The Toronto staff has shown too many flaws.

There is no way for any of us to know how big of an effect, positive or negative, a random assistant coach has had on a team's overall performance.  It is asinine to pretend that we do.

6 minutes ago, ML6 said:

There is no way for any of us to know how big of an effect, positive or negative, a random assistant coach has had on a team's overall performance.  It is asinine to pretend that we do.

If Nurse wasn’t buddies with Weltman we wouldn’t even be talking about him. The staff he is apart of have been failures for years. 

If we hire him I hope I’m wrong. Who else has he interviewed with?

For the Nurse fans....my fears may come true.

From COY Candidate to the Hot Seat

Casey, who’s been with Toronto since June 2011, is the fourth-longest-tenured head coach in the NBA, after Gregg Popovich, Erik Spoelstra, and Rick Carlisle. But after years of fans calling for Raptors president Masai Ujiri to fire Casey, the guillotine could actually drop this time, despite the fact Casey is a Coach of the Year candidate. Casey’s in-game adjustments, playcalling, and lineup choices have been lacking in the postseason. It was unforgivable that he kept C.J. Miles on Kevin Love for so long in Game 2. In Game 3, the Raptors continuously sent early double teams at James and Love, which only worked to allow wide-open shooters for the Cavaliers. And while Casey deserves credit for renovating the Raptors’ system, moving the offense from the midrange to 3-point land in 2017 is like just now buying an HDTV. What took so long?

Executives around the league anticipate that the Raptors will make a coaching change, though there are no guarantees after Toronto’s success this regular season. In addition to the candidates being interviewed by other teams with openings, the Raptors have three internal candidates—assistants Nick Nurse and Rex Kalamian, and G League coach Jerry Stackhouse—that could be promoted to head coach. Nurse spoke with the Suns and Hornets about their head coach vacancies, according to multiple reports, and is widely considered by executives to be one of the best assistants in the league. Nurse, not Casey, is credited with leading the charge in changing the offensive system. If Casey is told to take care, Nurse should be the favorite for his position.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/5/17323668/toronto-raptors-lebron-cavs-next-moves

9 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

For the Nurse fans....my fears may come true.

From COY Candidate to the Hot Seat

Casey, who’s been with Toronto since June 2011, is the fourth-longest-tenured head coach in the NBA, after Gregg Popovich, Erik Spoelstra, and Rick Carlisle. But after years of fans calling for Raptors president Masai Ujiri to fire Casey, the guillotine could actually drop this time, despite the fact Casey is a Coach of the Year candidate. Casey’s in-game adjustments, playcalling, and lineup choices have been lacking in the postseason. It was unforgivable that he kept C.J. Miles on Kevin Love for so long in Game 2. In Game 3, the Raptors continuously sent early double teams at James and Love, which only worked to allow wide-open shooters for the Cavaliers. And while Casey deserves credit for renovating the Raptors’ system, moving the offense from the midrange to 3-point land in 2017 is like just now buying an HDTV. What took so long?

Executives around the league anticipate that the Raptors will make a coaching change, though there are no guarantees after Toronto’s success this regular season. In addition to the candidates being interviewed by other teams with openings, the Raptors have three internal candidates—assistants Nick Nurse and Rex Kalamian, and G League coach Jerry Stackhouse—that could be promoted to head coach. Nurse spoke with the Suns and Hornets about their head coach vacancies, according to multiple reports, and is widely considered by executives to be one of the best assistants in the league. Nurse, not Casey, is credited with leading the charge in changing the offensive system. If Casey is told to take care, Nurse should be the favorite for his position.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/5/17323668/toronto-raptors-lebron-cavs-next-moves

That is not good news at all and can you imagine Weltman waiting for Casey and Magic hires him? There will be pitchforks at the arena if that happens 

6 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

SVG out in Detroit

per Woj

I am guessing Stanley refused to give up President of Operations position so I am not really surprised that Stanley is out, I sure would love to have him back but that is not going to happen but I wish Stanley the best in his job search 

35 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Best damn coach we've ever had.

I'd be all for bringing him back.

Yup, Stanley has the most wins out of all Magic head coaches and as much I would love to bring him back, it is not going to happen and I doubt he will do well in his 2nd stint, look at Brian Hill...