Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Clifford the big magic coach

17 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Watching the game now...I hold to what I believe...Hood just needs the minutes. Coach didn’t know what he was doing, till the media started saying “Bench JR and play Hood” and now Lue looks like a genius when he got the idea from Stephen A Smith

You know hood was pretty bad in Utah, right? They've been worse when he played the past 3 seasons. 

5 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

You know hood was pretty bad in Utah, right? They've been worse when he played the past 3 seasons. 

Speaking of, despite a 15 point line tonight that everyone is excited about, Rodney Hood was -12 tonight, worst on the Cavs.

7 hours ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

How much worse? I’m sure you’ve looked up the stats but he was their #2 on offense behind Hayward, at least I would think so. 

Significantly bad this year. Only a little bad the last 2 years. He's very likely to be an empty stats guy. Bad defender. Ball dominant scorer. 

He was in the rotation this playoffs but couldn't really do anything against Indiana which caused his benching. 

If we were looking for a bench scoring wing he wouldn't be a terrible choice but we already have Fournier, Ross, Simmons, Isaac, maybe Mario getting minutes at the 2 or 3 with iwundu, probably one of the second rounders, and you'd think Artis or purvis for depth. No real minutes available to give him. 

13 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Significantly bad this year. Only a little bad the last 2 years. He's very likely to be an empty stats guy. Bad defender. Ball dominant scorer. 

He was in the rotation this playoffs but couldn't really do anything against Indiana which caused his benching. 

If we were looking for a bench scoring wing he wouldn't be a terrible choice but we already have Fournier, Ross, Simmons, Isaac, maybe Mario getting minutes at the 2 or 3 with iwundu, probably one of the second rounders, and you'd think Artis or purvis for depth. No real minutes available to give him. 

So give me an alternative to get excited for?

I'm assuming we go PG with #6, I saw Magical (I know his opinion isn't worth much here) tweet about how much time Trae spent with the Magic the last few days. 

Is there any activity in the offseason or is it another sit on our hands type of year? I personally think we can make a few moves to get competitive and start setting a culture, but who those names are, I'm not sure.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

So give me an alternative to get excited for?

I'm assuming we go PG with #6, I saw Magical (I know his opinion isn't worth much here) tweet about how much time Trae spent with the Magic the last few days. 

Is there any activity in the offseason or is it another sit on our hands type of year? I personally think we can make a few moves to get competitive and start setting a culture, but who those names are, I'm not sure.

Isaac